collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: From AVFC....Release list  (Read 35225 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: From AVFC....Release list
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »

But I would with Emile, as i'm sure you would. So i'm not going to slate someone when I wish I had a fraction of their ability and had spent the last 15 years playing and scoring for my country, playing at major tournaments for my country, winning a few trophies, playing for Villa, scoring for Villa, scoring in front of the Holte all the while earning more money than I can ever dream of.
Tell you what, I'll never say another bad word about Marlon Harewood.
He's much better at football than me and minted to boot,

The Marlon Harewood who has never won anything, never played for England and has spent a fair part of his career outside the top flight?
But hey,if it makes you happy to bring up a player that has failed to do a lot of the things that make me wish i'd had Emile's career just to try and score a point on the internet then knock yourself out.

If anybody is indulging in petty point scoring, it's you.  The "he must be good he's earned lots of money" is really rather a feeble argument.  And Fletch is right, Marlon Harewood has played for Villa, and scored for Villa, so by your reckoning, you'd want to swap careers with him.

I'd swap careers with anyone who's played for the Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »

But I would with Emile, as i'm sure you would. So i'm not going to slate someone when I wish I had a fraction of their ability and had spent the last 15 years playing and scoring for my country, playing at major tournaments for my country, winning a few trophies, playing for Villa, scoring for Villa, scoring in front of the Holte all the while earning more money than I can ever dream of.

The Marlon Harewood who has never won anything, never played for England and has spent a fair part of his career outside the top flight?
But hey,if it makes you happy to bring up a player that has failed to do a lot of the things that make me wish i'd had Emile's career just to try and score a point on the internet then knock yourself out.

If anybody is indulging in petty point scoring, it's you.  The "he must be good he's earned lots of money" is really rather a feeble argument.  And Fletch is right, Marlon Harewood has played for Villa, and scored for Villa, so by your reckoning, you'd want to swap careers with him.

That's what I was getting at earlier.  Steve Hodge played for Villa, England and has a league winner's medal.......

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »
I'd be curious where i've said he's good because he earns lots of money. In fact i'd be just as curious to see where i've said he's good. But don't let facts get in the way of a reason to have a good moan eh Risso ;)
Even when me and Louizie said we wish him all the best in the future you couldn't resist a dig at us.

What I have said in the past is that he can do a basic job, I like him and that he's nowhere as shit as people imply. Because if he was, he wouldn't had the career he's had. A career all of us would snap anyone's hand off it offered.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45:26 PM »

That's what I was getting at earlier.  Steve Hodge played for Villa, England and has a league winner's medal.......

And has been a twat. I'd still swap careers with him, even though I wouldn't have behaved as he did for a few months during it.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »
Going by the day I had yesterday at work, I'd swap careers with Habib Beye.  Bring it on!

Offline James

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »
Going by the day I had yesterday at work, I'd swap careers with Habib Beye.  Bring it on!

Dire Straits did a song about him long before anyone knew he even existed! Now what was it called now? Oh yeah ... Money For Nothing!  ;)

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
I could sit on a bench.  Month after month...

Offline James

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »

Hahaha, yeah me too, and it's not even a bench anymore is it? They have nice fancy seats now, still, he didn't even do that and made £42k every week! What a bloody life!

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »

Hahaha, yeah me too, and it's not even a bench anymore is it? They have nice fancy seats now, still, he didn't even do that and made £42k every week! What a bloody life!

lol - and after this week it sounds very appealing.

Actually, though, I think I'd prefer to be Dennis Mortimer! 

Offline James

« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2012, 11:04:55 PM »

lol - and after this week it sounds very appealing.

Actually, though, I think I'd prefer to be Dennis Mortimer! 

Hello then Dennis, my name is Brian of Little, pleasure to meet you!  ;D

(I guess that's adulation over cash for both of us then! LOL)

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »
Does anyone remember on that Fantasy Football show when Frank Skinner took the piss out of some lower league footballer with the funny name. Then the guest berated him for being a dick as the guy has done more in football than he ever could?

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »

And has been a twat. I'd still swap careers with him, even though I wouldn't have behaved as he did for a few months during it.

And that's it. We would all swap places with anyone who played for Villa. reading about Eamonn Dearcy he felt it was an honour to play to play for Villa. That's how I would feel.
Shit, I would have even been happy to play for Ipswich against Boro in 1981 and while they were gutted I would have been secretly very happy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal