collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The first 90 days  (Read 5382 times)

Offline pestria

Re: The first 90 days
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
1. Set some clear achievable goals with the board and communicate them openly to the fans. -         Set them yes, but can't agree with communicating them openly, why advertise to the rest of the world what our goals are?

I can't see why you cant't advertise them - most clubs do (maybe by default I agree), eg ManU want to win the CL, Spurs want to qualify for the CL, etc, down to the promoted clubs who want to survive.

The bullshit and mis information coming from the board and ex-managers over the past 3 years has undermined supporter confidence and driven a wedge between them and the board.

2. Build up a rapport with the media to positively rebuild the club's image.               Keep the media at arms length, fed up with crass quotes from players and managers.  Other than contractual obligations, I would rather see an embargo on talking to the press 

I agree being mis quoted by the press is irksome at best.  But they're only part of the media.  We live in an age where a lot of sky subscribing football 'fans' don't even know the (upper?) mid table/size clubs exist.    The only way to compete in the long term is to increase the fan base and you start doing that by communicating what's great about Villa to the world at large.

The manager should be part of a concerted approach to sell the club to the wider footballing world.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
Sorting out a proper scouting system is a must.  We have been left behind in that area.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:52:48 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
Advice, dont read this thread

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal