collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:27:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:24:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 11:21:58 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Simple poll - OGS vs Lambert  (Read 35456 times)

Offline Summers

Re: Simple poll - OGS vs Lambert
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
My head says Lambert. Safer pair of hands and all that.. but I'm voting for OGS - and even I'm not sure why I'd prefer him. Just feels right. I like the way he talks, the way he has Molde playing, and the way in which he's spoken about our club.

Offline mr woo

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
Maybe Paul Lambert should release a propaganda video on YouTube seeing as so many people seem to be using that as a basis for deciding Solskjaer is a great manager who plays football 'the right way'

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 05:51:05 PM »
Maybe Paul Lambert should release a propaganda video on YouTube seeing as so many people seem to be using that as a basis for deciding Solskjær is a great manager who plays football 'the right way'

He doesn't have to. There's plenty of hard evidence on Norwich. With Lambert you almost know what you are getting, plus he meets most of the criteria we would want in our next manager. With OGS we all think from our limited information that he meets the same criteria, we are influenced by his background, and by the fact that he has been succesful in his own league immediately. It is the complete unknown that is intriguing. A bit like a bird being more attractive with a sexy dress on the first time you see her, than being competely naked from the start. You want to be teased a little.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
Has be OSG.  All the MON links to Lambert leave me a bit uneasy.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
I'm not voting because i'd be fairly happy with either. OSG is a gamble obviously but it seems to have caught everyone's imagination. I like Lambert as well though, he seems like a decent coach and we'd suit him.

I think we may well need a Harry Hill type fight to settle it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:09:59 PM by Clampy »

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
OGS pumps my nads.

The things some people will do for a job.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »
Ole Gunnar Solskjaers Claret and Blue Army!

Online KRS

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »
OGS for me...I'd rather step into the unknown of potential of relegation or Europe, than settle for the easy option of average midtable-ness!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
OGS.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »
While everything I've seen about OGS has been immensely positive, he is definitely a gamble and that's what worries me. With everything that's happened to our club recently, I'm not sure a gamble is the best move. We need a safe pair of hands to make sure we don't end up anywhere near the relegation fight.

I get both sides of the argument, though. I'm happy either way really - I just want it sorted soon so we can move on.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
I'd be happy with either, but on balance I'd choose Lambert. I just think he is the right fit, and that some of the criticisms of him are unduly harsh. Also, what are believed to be his weaknesses might be what ultimately makes him so well suited to the job. We've had a manager who tried to make sweeping change in Houllier and that did not turn out well. What we need, is a manager who brings about incremental rather than dramatic change and not to transform too much too soon.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
From everything I've read, Lambert is as big (if not bigger) a gamble.

Offline woody4866

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 06:12:13 PM »
Like others, I am quite excited about OGS, however if the club decide on the safer option of Lambert I`m OK with that also

Offline mr woo

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »
Maybe Paul Lambert should release a propaganda video on YouTube seeing as so many people seem to be using that as a basis for deciding Solskjær is a great manager who plays football 'the right way'

He doesn't have to. There's plenty of hard evidence on Norwich. With Lambert you almost know what you are getting, plus he meets most of the criteria we would want in our next manager. With OGS we all think from our limited information that he meets the same criteria, we are influenced by his background, and by the fact that he has
been succesful in his own league immediately. It is the complete unknown that is intriguing. A bit like a bird being more attractive with a sexy dress on the first time you see her, than being competely naked from the start. You want to be teased a little.

Youre right. The danger is you could spend all night buying her drinks and flirting with her, only to take her home, lift her skirt and find....well, you've seen The Crying Game haven't you.

Offline Chipsticks

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »
I'd be happy with either, but on balance I'd choose Lambert. I just think he is the right fit, and that some of the criticisms of him are unduly harsh. Also, what are believed to be his weaknesses might be what ultimately makes him so well suited to the job. We've had a manager who tried to make sweeping change in Houllier and that did not turn out well. What we need, is a manager who brings about incremental rather than dramatic change and not to transform too much too soon.

Agreed with you there.

This is not the time for a revolution, it's the time for a steady re-building progress.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal