collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 06:43:21 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AVFC fans expectations  (Read 14040 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: AVFC fans expectations
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »
- Pride in wearing the shirt.
- Plaudits from the football commmunity for our contribution to football across several fronts.
- A progressive manager who has a good scouting network, an eye for talent and potential, and who has a football-approach that seeks to play the game well and winningly.
- A chairman and board that focus on excellence off the pitch as well as on - good financial management, good members of the football world, attracting great sponsors, corporate supporters, brilliant with the B'ham / Aston neighbours, etc.
- Fans that have some class, support the club through thick and thin and are the "12th man" on the pitch.
- A club for whom other players want to play.

Achieve all of this and winning games / trophies will follow.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:08:46 PM by EffDee »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
I expect better football and at least midtable.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
6 - 8 is par.  ANything below 10th is poor and above 6th a bonus. 

A the very least I want to be entertained and go into every game with the hope of winning.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 06:59:56 PM »
In this weeks football weekly we came up. Barry Glendenning said something like 'Villa fans will be kind to their new manager, they just want their team to play some nice football, bang in a few goals and they will be happy enough."

Thats about right for me. I just want a bit of something to look forward to when we play. Not really bothered about position for nxt season, just want us to be interesting to watch.

Offline woody4866

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »
I have high expectations

I want us to SCORE from a corner

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
In this weeks football weekly we came up. Barry Glendenning said something like 'Villa fans will be kind to their new manager, they just want their team to play some nice football, bang in a few goals and they will be happy enough."

Thats about right for me. I just want a bit of something to look forward to when we play. Not really bothered about position for nxt season, just want us to be interesting to watch.

Not a bad resume of the expectations of any fan (other than the glory hunter-types)

I want to be walking up the Trinity Road feeling we can beat anyone on our day - remember that?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2012, 11:01:53 PM »
Based on the net spend and wages we should be 6th, that looks pretty unlikely from the base we have.
I want to see some indication that the people running the show have gained some idea of how to run a Football Club but in particulat Aston Villa.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2012, 11:54:18 PM »
It's difficult to know what my expectations are before we appoint a new manager and more importantly before we see what he has to spend but my expectations will certainly be higher than avoiding relegation by the skin of your teeth and playing shit football!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:24 AM »

Not a bad resume of the expectations of any fan (other than the glory hunter-types)

I want to be walking up the Trinity Road feeling we can beat anyone on our day - remember that?

Bllody hel that seems like a lifetime ago :( Hopefully those days will be back soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal