collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: villa legends tonight!  (Read 3716 times)

Offline rutski

villa legends tonight!
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:13 PM »
Sid Cowans, Gary Williams and Kenny Swain are at the Britannia Inn at Wollaston, Stourbridge tonight. The night will be hosted by Andy Blair! Usually start at about 8pm.
good opportunities for photos and autographs!  i have seen nearly all the 82 european cup winning team at these nights, but only now have i bought a replica shirt and am going to start getting it signed! (Doh!!!)
Sid may even give his take on goings on at Villa Park lately

Offline The Left Side

Re: villa legends tonight!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »
Sid Cowans, Gary Williams and Kenny Swain are at the Britannia Inn at Wollaston, Stourbridge tonight. The night will be hosted by Andy Blair! Usually start at about 8pm.
good opportunities for photos and autographs!  i have seen nearly all the 82 european cup winning team at these nights, but only now have i bought a replica shirt and am going to start getting it signed! (Doh!!!)
Sid may even give his take on goings on at Villa Park lately

sounds like a great night, perfect timing in regards to todays goings-on!

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »
Unusual for Kenny Swain to be out. His is the only signature I need on my 1982 shirt.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »
Any of them tout themselves for the job? Sid must have been asked a few awkward questions.

Offline rutski

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »
the line up changed last night. Sid, Colin Gibson and des bremner with andy blair compereing.
excellent night, first half was all stories about league winning campaign and european cup win. lots of tales about ron saunders.
in the break then autographs, i asked sid about what was going on and had gone on in the last year, he was veryguarded and said he would love to tell the whole story but Mcleish isnt solely to blame.
the second half started and andy asked des and colin their opinion, both agreed it was time for mcleish to go but apportioned alot of the blame at mons door! there is also an element of senior pros at the club undermining the managers(houllier and Mcleish) and they need to take their share.
andy asked sid but stressed as it was so early after am sacking he couldnt divulge too much. sid said the players that were at the club werent good enough, there were kids making first team squads that were not going to make it and talked about the amount of money that these kids were making which is atrotious!(he said there is a player cmoe through the youth system and has made a hand full of appearances and this youngster has gone out and bought himself a bentley!) he was astonished.
Sid said that the performance against norwich was THE worst performance that he had EVER seen from a Villa team. All 3 mentioned Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert and said the club needs to change direction with young hungry playerscoming in with the senior pros guiding them! the indicatiopn i got though was that the senior pros were mostly rocking the boat and they are a lot of the problem!
they were sensible about am and said his tactics were too defensive but as i say, all 3 wouldnt blame him entirely!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
(he said there is a player cmoe through the youth system and has made a hand full of appearances and this youngster has gone out and bought himself a bentley!) he was astonished.

It's little wonder you get stories like Lee Hendrie / John Carew - I can only see it getting worse unfortunately

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
the line up changed last night. Sid, Colin Gibson and des bremner with andy blair compereing.
excellent night, first half was all stories about league winning campaign and european cup win. lots of tales about ron saunders.
in the break then autographs, i asked sid about what was going on and had gone on in the last year, he was veryguarded and said he would love to tell the whole story but Mcleish isnt solely to blame.
the second half started and andy asked des and colin their opinion, both agreed it was time for mcleish to go but apportioned alot of the blame at mons door! there is also an element of senior pros at the club undermining the managers(houllier and Mcleish) and they need to take their share.
andy asked sid but stressed as it was so early after am sacking he couldnt divulge too much. sid said the players that were at the club werent good enough, there were kids making first team squads that were not going to make it and talked about the amount of money that these kids were making which is atrotious!(he said there is a player cmoe through the youth system and has made a hand full of appearances and this youngster has gone out and bought himself a bentley!) he was astonished.
Sid said that the performance against norwich was THE worst performance that he had EVER seen from a Villa team. All 3 mentioned Martinez, Rodgers and Lambert and said the club needs to change direction with young hungry playerscoming in with the senior pros guiding them! the indicatiopn i got though was that the senior pros were mostly rocking the boat and they are a lot of the problem!
they were sensible about am and said his tactics were too defensive but as i say, all 3 wouldnt blame him entirely!

Was he talking here about youngsters at Villa or youngsters in the Premier League in general? 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:53:23 AM »
sid said the players that were at the club werent good enough, there were kids making first team squads that were not going to make it

Couldn't agree more with that sentiment.  Yes McLeish has to shoulder a lot of the blame, but the heirarchy need to understand that he was not the sole reason for the season we have had.  The new manager coming in needs funds to make significant changes to the playing staff, as it isn't good enough.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
Very interesting to hear, thanks for the insight!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal