collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who should we sell?  (Read 34072 times)

Offline luke25

Re: Who should we sell?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing what N'zogbia can do under a proper manager.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
Actually if the new manager is Martinez then it would make sense to keep NZogbia

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 06:39:28 PM »
I'm so excited!!!! The thoughts of a new manager, a clear out and a new look, lean and hungry squad!!!!

Roll on the good times.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
For those wanting to keep Agbonlahor - can I ask why? (in peace)

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:30:28 PM »
For me, it's because he's a good player, hard-working and fast as lightening, in most normal seasons he has a habit of cropping with crucial goals, and usually scores a decent amount, he is still at an age where under the right guidance he can develop his play further, and is a least as good as anyone that we could afford to replace him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 07:33:42 PM »
Why does everyone seem to think Collins should be out? He's been great for a lot of the season, and I would fancy him for captain next season.

Captain?!!! He's fine against hoofball teams like Stoke and Blackburn but against forwards with pace and movement he gets found out time and again. That said I'd keep him as a squad player. Just can't understand why over the last 2 seasons he's been an automatic pick when fit.

Sell

Hutton
Warnock
Dunne
Delph
Delfounso

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 07:39:54 PM »
For me, try and get as much as possible for Dunne and Collins (BOGOF?) along with Warnock and Fonz.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Why does everyone seem to think Collins should be out? He's been great for a lot of the season, and I would fancy him for captain next season.

Captain?!!! He's fine against hoofball teams like Stoke and Blackburn but against forwards with pace and movement he gets found out time and again. That said I'd keep him as a squad player. Just can't understand why over the last 2 seasons he's been an automatic pick when fit.

I'm only saying Captain because we're desperately short of matured outfield players who have been at the club for a while.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »
I would keep Hutton - give him another chance under a decent manager.  He wasn't that bad at Spuds was he?

Warnock I wouldn't mind either way.  I think he can offer something as a utility back-up player.

Albrighton - tough one.   Local boy, but really hasn't come on like we hoped.   Confidence player though, so if he finds some from the new manager, you never know.

Gabby - really his last chance next season.   Needs to find the form of 4 years ago.   Hasn't been the same since he beefed up significantly.

Dunne / Collins - wouldn't mind keeping them, if they behave.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Same here, really. I think if we're serious about changing the way we play, then that means Dunne & Collins need replacing as far as I'm concerned.

Beyond that, well there's lots of the old potential, isn't there? I do think that we have enough in the squad to tempt managers - Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bent, Agbonlahor, Makoun, Albrighton, Weimann & 'the kids'. I reckon an ambitious manager would see that lot as not a bad starting point.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
Given and bent are the only regulars I'd be sad to see the back of. Other than them, I suppose from a pragmatic point of view it makes sense to keep hold of all the youngsters but I'm pretty much in favour of a massive slash and burn clear out.

Offline unclefabio

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
Depends on how much money Lerner makes available to the new manager, really, but I'd like to see the following leave.

Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Delph, Ireland.

Ireland's done alright this season, but he's on about 60k a week, which he really isn't worth. The rest of them are shit (and have the wrong attitude).

edit: Delfouneso as well.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:58:50 PM by unclefabio »

Offline supertom

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
I'd sell:
Warnock
Dunne
Collins
Hutton

I'd keep the rest to see how they fare next season under new manager.
If we can get someone who wants us to play football and can get more out of our attacking players, then there's a lot of potential to see greater things from:
Delph
Makoun
Bannan
GG
N'Zogbia
Albrighton.

However, all of the above, bar GG, I'd consider shipping out in Jan if they don't turn it around.
There's no doubt in my mind though that McLeish has stifled a lot of our talented players.
Gabby's history here warrants another season to turn things around. If we get the team playing well again, he could be a force once more. A front two of Gabby and Bent should be one of the best in the top flight.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
Agbonlahor
Heskey - Going
Cuellar - Gone
Bannan
Guzan
Marshall
Collins
Warnock
Delph
Hutton
Lichaj
Albrighton

Offline Doorbell

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »
I'd sell:
Warnock
Dunne
Collins
Hutton

I'd keep the rest to see how they fare next season under new manager.
If we can get someone who wants us to play football and can get more out of our attacking players, then there's a lot of potential to see greater things from:
Delph
Makoun
Bannan
GG
N'Zogbia
Albrighton.

However, all of the above, bar GG, I'd consider shipping out in Jan if they don't turn it around.
There's no doubt in my mind though that McLeish has stifled a lot of our talented players.
Gabby's history here warrants another season to turn things around. If we get the team playing well again, he could be a force once more. A front two of Gabby and Bent should be one of the best in the top flight.

This!...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal