collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: your perfect Carlsberg football day today ?  (Read 11886 times)

Offline spangley1812

Re: your perfect Carlsberg football day today ?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »
i dont buy this romantic notion that Man U and Liverpool earned their league titles without money playing its part where as Chelsea and Man City just bought it all to win theirs . the biggest clubs have always spent the most £ and generally won the most leagues.  I dont like any of them

you can add Blackburn to that list as well...........

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
I'm in a minority of wanting Man City to fuck it up. 

I have no idea why anyone wants to see Man City and all their ridiculous oil money win the league.  I too hope they fuck it up.  If they win it today then it truly is a sad day for football in my opinion.

The only reason I want them to win , is to show the farce football has become and needs sorting out quick . as they will win it 10 times in a row now.

Offline frank black

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 02:29:23 PM »
Mcleish resigns, NOW.

The current team lineup then includes more than two offensive players. We beat Norwich soundly.

Man city are drawing with two minutes left, Man u are 2 down. The Man city fans are in fancy dress and being as cocky as they could possibly be.~~~~~~~ Meanwhile in Sunderland 8 extra minutes are being played. You all know what happens next, cue pictures of crying Man city fans. Oh the joy :-).

QPR get relegated.

That would do for me.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »
Having seen the team . I wish he wold fuck off before kick off.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
i dont buy this romantic notion that Man U and Liverpool earned their league titles without money playing its part where as Chelsea and Man City just bought it all to win theirs . the biggest clubs have always spent the most £ and generally won the most leagues.  I dont like any of them

i dislike Liverpool more than any other club in the prem, but who was there Abramovich or oil billionares when they were succsesful ?  same with Man Utd ?

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

i dislike Liverpool more than any other club in the prem, but who was there Abramovich or oil billionares when they were succsesful ?  same with Man Utd ?

Maybe that's why Liverpool haven't won the Prem.  Man United had a successful intake of youth players in the early 90's that went a long way to helping them succeed. (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, the Nevilles, Butt etc..)  Man City have purely bought the title, a la Chelsea and Blackburn.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »

i know what you are saying ,but to a lesser scale Liverpool had the Littlewoods famiy and Utd the Edwards family behind them with alot of money bankrolling success.  Now Oil money has come in and moved the power and speeded up the process

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
McLeish getting the sack. That is all.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »

Maybe that's why Liverpool haven't won the Prem.  Man United had a successful intake of youth players in the early 90's that went a long way to helping them succeed. (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, the Nevilles, Butt etc..)  Man City have purely bought the title, a la Chelsea and Blackburn.

Man U also spent money in that period and city now have Harte and Richards in there team from youth

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
Villa to win.

McLeish to go.

Lewis Hamilton to win the Spanish Grand Prix from the back of the grid.

Citeh to lose to QPR and Manure to be lose in the 98th minute with a Scholes OG.   Ferguson to head butt Howard Webb and Manure docked 20 points and relegated two divisions for a mass assault on the Sunderland manager.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
A flock of extremist owls called Owl-Qaeda declare jihad on cowardly shithouse turncoat pricks, fly into the Stadium Of Light, and peck O'Neill's silly little twattish face off.

He then fails to turn up for after-match press conference because he hasn't got a face, resulting in a massive fine from the FA and a lifetime managerial ban.

Oh and Villa win 3-0.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 04:25:18 PM »
McLeish sacked, Villa Win, Man City win, Bolton relegated

Offline sidcowans10

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
Chipsticks, just seen your post on other games thread, great minds and all that.

It would be extra special if Man City scored the winner in the 96th minuet of injury time while Utd were 5 Nill up at Sunderland

Wasnt a million miles away!!!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »

Man U also spent money in that period and city now have Harte and Richards in there team from youth

Harte was signed from Shrewsbury, United turned him down.

It's been about money for the last 20 odd years but the way perennially in the shadows Man City who hadn't won anything for decades have bought success so quickly and shamelessly just crystallises how much football has moved from being a sport to a business.

Still, happy for Les Battersby I suppose.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
McLeish sacked, Villa Win, Man City win, Bolton relegated

2 out of 3, and all that...

Guess it was too much to expect us to win today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal