collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:45:28 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Privately, do you hope we don't win tomorrow?  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Privately, do you hope we don't win tomorrow?
« on: May 12, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
Ok, so let's get something straight. I never want Villa to lose. I want us to win every game we play, from kids football up. However i admit to being a bit conflicted the last couple of days. I think the inevitable is just around the corner. McLeish will be gone soon after the Norwich game and we'll all celebrate wildly. Yet a tiny piece of me has some doubt and I fear that our worst nightmare will come true and he'll be handed a reprieve. In a dark corner of my mind, I worry that a win tomorrow, ironically against a manager that many of us would be happy to see succeed McLeish, would somehow convince Randy to give McLeish another chance. Is it wrong of me then to hope we don't win just so it adds a final nail in the McLeish coffin? We're safe so the result doesn't mean as much. I just don't want anything to go wrong between now and his meeting with board next week.

Offline eastie

Re: Privately, do you hope we don't win tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:13:51 PM »
Not really bothered about tomorrows result - i just hope mcleish gets the full brunt of the fans feelings after this awful season.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
I've got the same horrible feeling you have TV. But I cannot want Villa to lose, ever

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
To be honest and I never want Villa to lose under virtually any circumstances, but for the greater good I'd take it tomorrow. I really think it's critical to our future that Mcleish is gone next week, and if a defeat to Norwich confirms that then so be it. I'd hope the board aren't stupid enough to make the decision on one result though, and sack him for our awful season regardless of tomorrows result.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
Personally, I hope we give Norwich an absolute stuffing tomorrow.

I don't think it'd make any difference - the damage has already been done and I thoroughly believe the board have already made a final decision on what's happening this summer.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »
I hope we win any game but for once this season it wont matter we ill stay in the same position. Happy to see it end, we need a good summer unlike the last two.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:05:49 PM »

I don't think it'd make any difference - the damage has already been done and I thoroughly believe the board have already made a final decision on what's happening this summer.
Exactly.

If he's going then a win tomorrow won't change that. If he's staying, then a defeat won't change that.

So we might as well try and end the season on a high.

Offline BedsVillain

• Twitter:
  • GM : May, 2013
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
I know exactly what you mean TV, I never want us to lose, but I've never wanted us to settle for so many draws before a ball has even been kicked, so if a thorough 4-0 kicking from Norwich means McLeish is firmly pushed out the Villa doors on Monday, so be it. To quote Hot Fuzz, it's for the greater good! I hope the always awesome away support make the feelings of the majority known and give him pelters throughout the game. UTV

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
I know what you mean McLeish has turned me into such a pessimist that I would prefer a very boring 1-1 with Norwich equalising in the 95th minute .That would then set our fans off into a crescendo of anti McLeish songs, leaving Lerner and Faulkner in no doubt whatsoever that he has to go !
I guess however that the players will play with a sense of freedom ,totally ignoring Mcleishs' instructions to get 11 men behind the ball, and will run rings round Norwich.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »
No I want us to win, doing the double over someone would be nice, I'll only panic if the fucker is here next year

Offline danlanza

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
I know what you mean McLeish has turned me into such a pessimist that I would prefer a very boring 1-1 with Norwich equalising in the 95th minute .That would then set our fans off into a crescendo of anti McLeish songs, leaving Lerner and Faulkner in no doubt whatsoever that he has to go !
I guess however that the players will play with a sense of freedom ,totally ignoring Mcleishs' instructions to get 11 men behind the ball, and will run rings round Norwich.
Its a pity they didn't do that all season!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »

This, with all the goals being set up and scored by our academy lads. So, GG, BB, Carruthers, Clarkey, Herd and Lichaj scoring would be great!

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
No I want us to win, doing the double over someone would be nice, I'll only panic if the fucker is here next year

This although several other Villans I know have said they would be happy for us to lose if it meant AM goes.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
He will be with us next season, at least for the start of it so I will do what I always do and want us to win.

He is not going to be sacked.   He is going to be given a good talking to and told to pull his socks up.   End of.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
I'll be blunt about it. I'll bee happy if we win, as always, but if this board is stupid enough to appoint the man in the first place then they're stupid enough to keep him on the basis of one meaningless result. I'm beyond hoping he'll improve, because the facts are there: he's just a bad manager. I have no hope that we will improve under him, and anything which helps get him out the door will be for the good of the club in the long run. If it's a defeat tomorrow so that we win more in the long run, I'll take it no questions asked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal