collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicoḷ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Kits 23/24 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:45:38 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:42:46 AM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

Re: FFP by Simon Page
[Today at 10:26:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:26:05 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Simon Page
[Today at 10:20:43 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 10:19:14 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: King Carlos Day - Sunday 13th May  (Read 16773 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: King Carlos Day - Sunday 13th May
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »
Why such a fuss over such an average player? A couple of years time and he'll be completely forgotten.

He's just popular, and has been for a while.

He's not the greatest player we'd had. He's not the greatest player we've got now, but people like him, so good on them for saying goodbye properly.

Also, can you blame anyone for wanting to do anything to make themselves smile after what has been a season of precious little to smile about?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
Cuellar on twitter just:

@Cuellar24: Sunday will be very emotional  thank u very much for all the support I'm having in these days it is amazing! Also I'll give u a present

Wonder if it's a free shirt like Mellberg did?
At the final whistle he's going to run up to McLeish and kick him in the nuts right in front of the Villa fans.

Snigger Mutley style...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
In honour of Carlos, I'm going dressed as Ashley Giles.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »
In honour of Carlos, I'm going dressed as Ashley Giles.
Ashley, the real King Of Spain.

Offline AlwaysAVFC

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »
Why such a fuss over such an average player? A couple of years time and he'll be completely forgotten.

He is/was probably our best defender but that goes to show the position were in at the moment rather than his ability. Although some of his displays at right back under O Neill, I witnessed some of the worse distribution of the ball i've ever seen.

What I do like about him and why he deserves recognition at Norwich is that he is clearly a genuine bloke who also respects the fans, which can't be said of a lot of footballers.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2012, 11:58:05 AM »

He is/was probably our best defender but that goes to show the position were in at the moment rather than his ability. Although some of his displays at right back under O Neill, I witnessed some of the worse distribution of the ball i've ever seen.

What I do like about him and why he deserves recognition at Norwich is that he is clearly a genuine bloke who also respects the fans, which can't be said of a lot of footballers.

Yeah, he does come across as being one of the good guys.

On you first point, the 'best defender at the club' line gets trotted out often on here.  I'm curious to know when he actually proved this title?  He's been solid, hasn't moaned.  That is all.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
Yeah he comes across as a nice bloke, but the best defender at the club? I don't think so, but even if he was, so what? With a defence as shite as ours it's hardly high praise.
We've had far better players leave our club who contributed ten times more to the cause as Cueller ever has without as much as a cheerio, but the exceptionally average Cueller is treated like some kind of "legend".
Peculiar people some Villa fans are.

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »

Yeah, he does come across as being one of the good guys.

On you first point, the 'best defender at the club' line gets trotted out often on here.  I'm curious to know when he actually proved this title?  He's been solid, hasn't moaned.  That is all.

Being solid and not moaning, is about the height of my expectation for Premier League players these days.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Yes, Mike. I know what you mean.  But that's because we support a club who are currently going nowhere and our expectations match this.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »

"Backup Quarterback Effect", as I mentioned above.

However, considering that his fellow senior defenders are Hutton, Warnock, Collins & Dunne; it could be said that he didn't have a lot to do to prove his title.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »
I refuse to get involved, nobody made any effort when I was trying to push a big farewell day for Moustapha Salifou.

I did. I got dressed up as Salifou for our last game of the season last year against Liverpool. For some reason though, my blacking-up seemed to really annoy Luis Suarez and Kenny Dalglish so I thought it best to go home and change.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal