collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:09:59 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 09:07:06 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: King Carlos Day - Sunday 13th May  (Read 16772 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Re: King Carlos Day - Sunday 13th May
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 03:27:25 PM »
I think McLeish mask's would be better with sack me on the forehead .

Another good idea.

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Fancy dress seems to be the way to on the last away day of the season- granted cuellar has been a decent player but nothing special and this sort of thing is best for true legends.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
Ditto to above. We like King Carlos but he is not in same class as Staunton, Mellberg, Laursen or McGrath

Offline J

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »
I don't understand why his perceived lack of ability should preclude him from a decent send off. If some supporters merely liked him as a character and want to show that, I don't see why it should be seen as over the top.

Also ut of the four players above, I'd say only McGrath is a legend.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
He is not a Villa legend, but he is a decent professional and I think he deserves credit and a good send of, hope it happens

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »

Offline supertom

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
Carlos is a top bloke and a decent pro. That's something we've been, and indeed football in general, has been sorely lacking in recent times. I for one wouldn't begrudge giving one of the good ones a good send off. Plus, it'd be a bit of fun and light heartedness in an otherwise fucking dire, miserable season.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
What a miserable bunch of arseholes.

People will go dressed like knobheads anyway, so why not.

Never been a miserable arsehole!

Offline Legion

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
But you do dress like a...

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
I usually find there's something a bit Albion about fancy dress, but Cuellar is apparently a good bloke, and he's a decent player, plus it has been bad enough watching us this season at home or on telly, so if anyone deserves to enjoy themselves after this shit year, it is our away support, so good luck to them.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
What a miserable bunch of arseholes.

People will go dressed like knobheads anyway, so why not.

Some of our away support that I've encountered this season won't need to dress up. We have some that are already knobheads

Offline micsymmonds

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
We decided on this as its either ANOTHER boring, miserable anti McLeish moan and booo boring that fails to take off.

I know, lets actually NOT be miserable at a game - I know for one or 2 of you who have made comments that is very hard, but its about time we got some positivity around here.

He is getting a send off as he is an extremely likeable football player, he gave his all when playing for us. EASILY been our best defender this season. CARES about the fans unlike the majority of the team. How he is being let go this summer is beyond most fans.

Its about time our fans had some fun, a laugh and a good time - if the team wont do that on the pitch, then we will do it ourselves.

If you are looking for masks on the day, either tweet me @micsymmonds or PM me here and ill get back to you.

Enough of the McLeish crap, its getting boring now. Fans can sing all day long but we have done enough of that at Bolton and games since. Lets let the players, particularly the young ones and players like Cuellar know that we have one of the best away following in the league.

Some of you really need to get a grip. Killjoys is an understatement

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »
When you've only come on here to basically ask a favour it isn't very polite to criticise those who disagree with you.

Offline Legion

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
We decided on this as its either ANOTHER boring, miserable anti McLeish moan and booo boring that fails to take off.

I know, lets actually NOT be miserable at a game - I know for one or 2 of you who have made comments that is very hard, but its about time we got some positivity around here.

He is getting a send off as he is an extremely likeable football player, he gave his all when playing for us. EASILY been our best defender this season. CARES about the fans unlike the majority of the team. How he is being let go this summer is beyond most fans.

Its about time our fans had some fun, a laugh and a good time - if the team wont do that on the pitch, then we will do it ourselves.

If you are looking for masks on the day, either tweet me @micsymmonds or PM me here and ill get back to you.

Enough of the McLeish crap, its getting boring now. Fans can sing all day long but we have done enough of that at Bolton and games since. Lets let the players, particularly the young ones and players like Cuellar know that we have one of the best away following in the league.

Nice one.

Offline micsymmonds

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Not critisizing, I am just saying its pretty frustrating when the fans try and do something positive, yet people reply basically saying boo i want an anti mcleish protest etc, or Cuellar is rubbish etc.

We want all the help we can get - from anyone who has met him would know how much of a nice guy he is. Hitz wasnt the best player in the world for us but he is considered by a lot of fans as a legend for how he cared for the fans.

Sometimes its what players do off the pitch which can mean so much to some fans.

Do not mean to critisize anyone and i apologise if i have offended anyone as well, we just want to have a bit of fun on the last game of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal