collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Guardian Football Weekly talk about the villa  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Londonvilla

The Guardian Football Weekly talk about the villa
« on: May 08, 2012, 01:39:46 AM »
I listen to a few podcasts and The Guardian Football Weekly is the best (it the one with James Richardson, Barry Glendenning, and Sid Lowe )

this week they talk about the villa, listen from 10 mins in

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/audio/2012/may/07/football-weekly-podcast-yaya-toure-manchester-city

or http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/footballweekly

The one you want is dated 7 May 2012 (Football Weekly: Touré double puts Manchester City on the brink of glory)

The Board, and the Manager should hang there heads in shame

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:55:21 AM by Londonvilla »

Offline tomd2103

Re: The Guardian Football Weekly talk about the villa
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 03:00:47 AM »
All I've heard since the game is how much Spurs battered us.  Well I think I must have been to a different game on Sunday, because apart from the one he made in the first half from Bale, I can't remember Given having to make too many saves.  Just because Redknapp said that was the case, it doesn't mean it is true. 

As for Villa being abject on Sunday, I'm not having that one either.  Yeah the lads lacked a bit of quality and looked a little low on confidence, but the majority of them gave it their all and certainly don't deserve a hammering for that performance.  The clowns on that show should stick to talking about "United", "City", Liverpool and their beloved London clubs and leave the subject of Villa to people who actually know a little bit about the club.   

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »
For me they got it about right - and they didn't even mention the manager's former club.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:11 AM »
In fact they talked about how abject Villa have been this season which is consitent with the views made on this very forum.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
I do find it amazing how people can take such offence when 'outaiders' make precisely the same points as we make all the time!

We have been abject this year. It's been (mostly) fucking awful

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »
I always listen.  It’s a great show, rivalled only by the Tuesday Club for footy podcasts.

I thought they got it about right too.  Most of their comments were not specifically about the Spurs match but the wider perception of of Villa under McLeish in my opinion.  And to put in context, if WE find watching our team play then it must be excruciating for a neutral.  Indeed they even said that there is no way that McLeish can retain his job.

Offline BILL DE VALL

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »
We were proper bobbins against Spurs
have been for a while now
thats kind of the point with the whole 'Mcliesh out' thing you may have noticed

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:09:38 AM »
My favourite football show (notice the lack of pointless ex-players among the guests). They've consistently stuck the boot in to McLeish when deserved - so they've been  quite busy - and haven't been afraid to do so as he's obviously no old mate of theirs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal