collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:42:07 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:02 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by dave.woodhall
[April 17, 2024, 11:28:11 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

GUESS THE GOAL R25: Europa Conf.🏆 Lille v VILLA Thursday 18th April! 🥅 by Fasth56
[April 17, 2024, 11:01:53 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:42:07 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Axl Rose
[Today at 12:20:05 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:02 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 12:05:07 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Risso
[Today at 12:04:43 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:02:57 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by SaddVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:43:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Twitter Announces Heskey is Off  (Read 28278 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Twitter Announces Heskey is Off
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »
Loved Emile.  Good luck in your next club but still wish you were playing for us. X

Offline Hammer

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »
If only all of his time at Villa - well, his whole career - was as good as that month or so under Houllier when he suddenly seemed unplayable (think his goal at Molineux and the one he set up for Albrighton at Spurs). He was a brute - a real throwback to his early days as a Leicester player. And then he got injured and reverted to type as the lumbering, injury-prone, non-scoring centre forward we all suspected him to be.

Alas. The wrong player at the wrong time. Good luck Emile.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »
Symbolic of all that was wrong with the MON era of transfers.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
We've had shitter strikers, but never ever did we have one as bad as him who's managed over a hundred gmes befure being given the boot.

Praise god, the nightmare is over

Offline djbone

• GM : 16.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:49 AM »
If only all of his time at Villa - well, his whole career - was as good as that month or so under Houllier when he suddenly seemed unplayable (think his goal at Molineux and the one he set up for Albrighton at Spurs). He was a brute - a real throwback to his early days as a Leicester player. And then he got injured and reverted to type as the lumbering, injury-prone, non-scoring centre forward we all suspected him to be.

Alas. The wrong player at the wrong time. Good luck Emile.

Still cant get my head round how he started playing like that for a few short weeks. I was at that Spurs away game when he absolutely monstered them first half, having done the same the previous couple of matches.  Then the monstrous crapness of almost the entire rest of his Villa career - amazed to read that he's actually scored 14. Not the right stuff mentally?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 01:06:55 AM »
If he's ably surrounded by goalscoring attackers and talented midfielders you can see how his unselfish play would both be appreciated and come in handy. But as a leader, someone you expect to weigh-in with his fair share and take on the burden when there's a few young lads playing alongside him...he just didn't cut it.

I can't understand how such a big man can spend so much of a game on his arse. He probably was too shy to snipe back at defenders.

A huge amount of money largely wasted. I hope Martin O'Neill gets his wish for a target man, misses out on Davies and is reunited with Emile again.

Farewell Gentle Ben.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
He played very well in the last month but I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. I'd like to wish him all the best at his new club... just so long as he doesn't score against us or help Sunderland finish above us.

Can't help being cynical and think that his improved effort and form over the past few weeks have had a lot to do with the fact that he is out of contract this summer.  I have to wonder which Heskey his new club will see once he has his new contract in the bag.     

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »
You can not build a team around Him because he is either injured or gets injured during a game. I bet he has the record for the least amount of games completed. He is a multi millionaire so dont feel too sorry for him.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »
"EMILE Heskey is on the lookout for a new Premier League club"

Bollox to that! My grandma has got more chance of playing in the Premier League next season.

Offline django

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 01:41:01 AM »
I've always thought he seemed like a good guy, not someone you'd ever hear about kicking a nightclubs doors in, moaning or missing training.

He's just not a very good player anymore, hasn't been since his last hurrah at Wigan. Don't know what the hell O'Neil was thinking when he signed him, on a par with  Harewood in the WTF and How Much? stakes.

Thanks for your efforts Emile, don't let he door hit you on the way out. Ah who am I kidding, of course it will.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »
"EMILE Heskey is on the lookout for a new Premier League club"

Bollox to that! My grandma has got more chance of playing in the Premier League next season.

That's our Emile you're talking about. 
Your grandma (and I'm guessing here) is great with a sieve and several grades of flour.

Our Emile can sieve that, crumb significant gravities of fats (including lard) and be on hand to head in a cumulative confection of a flaky custard tart. 

Woah!  Stitch that, as they say round here.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:06:51 AM by Lou'zie0 »

• Mustang 68
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 02:26:23 AM »
I've always thought he seemed like a good guy, not someone you'd ever hear about kicking a nightclubs doors in, moaning or missing training.

He's just not a very good player anymore, hasn't been since his last hurrah at Wigan. Don't know what the hell O'Neil was thinking when he signed him, on a par with  Harewood in the WTF and How Much? stakes.

Thanks for your efforts Emile, don't let he door hit you on the way out. Ah who am I kidding, of course it will.

Agree. MON's worst signing, and let's face it, there's a lot of competition for that particular accolade.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »
good luck to him. I've nothing against Emile, but I will be glad that we will no longer have to discuss him on match day. He was a fabulous player at times in his heyday. It was just so not the right signing for us when it happened. Still, he never had a bad word to say about us, was always a consumate pro, just not the quality that we were looking for or needed.

• Mustang 68
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »
good luck to him. I've nothing against Emile, but I will be glad that we will no longer have to discuss him on match day. He was a fabulous player at times in his heyday. It was just so not the right signing for us when it happened. Still, he never had a bad word to say about us, was always a consumate pro, just not the quality that we were looking for or needed.

Presumably you've forgotten about him moaning about losing his England place when MON had him on the bench for ages?

Offline villanois

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:18 AM »
His Villa contract was his semi-retirement, he's managed to coast through it shying away from physical challenges of any kind in an effort to avoid injury so that he may reach this day where as a free agent he may squeeze a bonus retirement contract out of somebody else. good riddance

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal