collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Twitter Announces Heskey is Off  (Read 28285 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Twitter Announces Heskey is Off
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
an absolute charlatan of a footballer

I'm not sure it says much for the greatest league in the world (tm) when heskey has stolen a living for about 10 years playing in it.

an unforgivable signing from MON. 04/05 was the last time he scored more than 10 in a season and somehow MON thought he would be a good signing when we were pushing for the champions league. the 451 we were playing at the time suited us perfect. Heskey came in and we went to 442 and fell apart. remember his winner at pompey on his debut, great winner at Wolves under Houllier but some utterly horrific stuff it goes without saying. There was a miss at Sunderland that defied belief but his performance in the carling cup final summed up his villa career.

good riddance to bad rubbish.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
Symptomatic of the start of the decline of the club.  That he has continually conned clubs of huge wages for a really shit supply of goals for so many years defies belief.  A microcosm of his stay summed up in the appalling 'attempt' against Spuds.

Good riddance.  Go help Small Heaths continuing decline.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2012, 03:39:55 PM »
an unforgivable signing from MON. 04/05 was the last time he scored more than 10 in a season and somehow MON thought he would be a good signing when we were pushing for the champions league. the 451 we were playing at the time suited us perfect.

I think this is a bit of a myth. I recall that we were scraping quite a lot of results through keeping clean sheets, and getting some very lucky goals (didn't the run leading up to Heskey's signing see us win games 3 or 4 times through own goals?). We were failing to keep hold of the ball for much of games.

It's funny because when MON arrived, I was surprised that we seemed to concede quite a lot, but score bucket loads. From that season, we turned into much more of a MON side. More 'direct' football, better in defence, but fewer goals.

Anyway, I agree Heskey was a bad signing. I think we should have gone for Anelka before he went to Chelsea.

Offline eastie

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »
The thought that never again will i see heskey in a vila shirt after tomorrow fills me with great relief- one of our worst signings when you consider how much he has cost the club over the last 3 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal