collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Pete3206
[Today at 07:01:05 PM]

Ollie Watkins by pablo_picasso
[Today at 06:59:25 PM]

NSWE Investment by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:52:40 PM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:50:48 PM]

Champions League Contention by KevinGage
[Today at 06:41:37 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anything Positive?  (Read 21062 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Anything Positive?
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »
Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate the end of Heskey as a Villa player soon.  I've got the long table and bunting for a street party when that happens.

I've already got it down in my Google Calendar as "Heskey Day".

author=The Man With A Stick link=topic=46975.msg2041890#msg2041890 date=1336400970]
Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate the end of Heskey as a Villa player soon.  I've got the long table and bunting for a street party when that happens.

I've already got it down in my Google Calendar as "Heskey Day".

He's been excellent for the last four or five games, I'm not advocating keeping him or saying that he's been anything but very poor value overall, but credit where it's due.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:54:54 PM by PeterWithe »

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
He's been excellent for the last four or five games, I'm not advocating keeping him or saying that he's been anything but very poor value overall, but credit where it's due.

It’s amazing what happens when he is not played as a winger.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »
Most of the young players we've been forced to play regularly this season will be all the better for the experience. Lichaj, Baker, Clark, Herd and Weimann have all been thrown in at the deep end and have shown they can swim. Not entirely convinced about Bannan and Albrighton, and it's still too early for Gardner but that's a good return from our Academy. Steven Ireland is a quality player and has come on a bundle since Christmas and McLeish deserves credit for getting him on board. Warnock came through a rocky period and despite some miserable performances at left back he's never hidden and his commitment to the cause has never been in doubt. He's finishing the season looking a better midfielder than defender. As for McLeish himself, he's endured an extremely testing time, a section of the fans on his back from the day he walked into the club, had to sell his most influential players then had to contend with a crippling injury list and forced to blood more youngsters than he would have wanted. All things being considered, he deserves time this summer to stamp his mark on the team. The time has come for Lerner to financially back him, or sack him because a repeat next season is simply unacceptable.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:13:22 PM by Big Dick Edwards »

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »
I spent less money in a season than ever before watching Aston Villa.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2012, 04:27:31 AM »
Here's a positive. A HUGE positive.

We are Aston Villa and don't ever forget it!

UTV

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »
Hopefully the big positive will be we will start next season with paul Lambert in charge.  Gaps need to be filled below with good astute signings:

Given

Lichaj        ?????               Collins                  ?????     

N' Zogbia                Herd                ??????               Ireland

????                                   Bent

Would like to see Wiemman alongside bent!

Think wiemann is biggest positive of this season, he looks like an awsome player... reminds me of Bergkamp!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:25:52 AM by NiiLamptey »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal