collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Jacob Ramsey by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:28:19 AM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:22:15 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by mrfuse
[Today at 11:16:17 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 11:13:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 11:10:40 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anything Positive?  (Read 21072 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Anything Positive?
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 07:42:18 AM »
well, given the number of corners we conceded yesterday, not letting in a goal from a set piece (other than the pen) was some going!
Reasons to be cheeerful? - Baker, Lichaj, Herd, Clark, Carruthers. Hopefully, Gardner will come back much stronger. Hopefully Albie and Bannan will push on (under new management ....),

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
The blooding of Herd, Baker, Weiman, Clark, Gardner, Lichaj, Carruthers Maybe Bannan and Albrighton won't quite make it, hard to tell under our current manager.
Would love to see us have a complete clear out and give these kids a chance along with Given, Bent, Ireland, Nzogbia (good player in there somewhere) and some new signings...

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 08:20:43 AM »
1. We didn't go down. We could have.

2. The kids, in the order: herd, Clark, baker, lichaj.

3. I'd think there must be recognition that we can't go into another season with this sort of squad - so unproven in so many positions.

4. Given and to an extent Ireland.

5. Fans showing their positive side for stan.

6. It's pretty much over and I can forget about it till August. Anyone spotting me spending hours over the summer months getting embroiled in hours of debate on the managerial situation or potential transfers is very much entitled to remind me that I should have better things to do with my life.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 08:34:46 AM »
Carlos cuellar has been brilliant and looks capable of being out linchpin for the next 4-5 years, the experience the younger lads need around them. What's that you say? Oh....

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 08:45:09 AM »
The emergence of Herd, Weimann and Lichaj.  The loan move for Keane which was questioned by many.  The fact that this season is basically over!

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »
1. We didn't go down. We could have.

2. The kids, in the order: herd, Clark, baker, lichaj.

3. I'd think there must be recognition that we can't go into another season with this sort of squad - so unproven in so many positions.

4. Given and to an extent Ireland.

5. Fans showing their positive side for stan.

6. It's pretty much over and I can forget about it till August. Anyone spotting me spending hours over the summer months getting embroiled in hours of debate on the managerial situation or potential transfers is very much entitled to remind me that I should have better things to do with my life.
Spot on plus I'm just glad to be waking up today not having to give a shit about the Wigan Blackburn game.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
Hopefully the big positive will be we will start next season with paul Lambert in charge.  Gaps need to be filled below with good astute signings:

Given

Lichaj        ?????               Collins                  ?????     

N' Zogbia                Herd                ??????               Ireland

????                                   Bent

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »
That useless twat who supposedly manages our team is going to get the sack for being responsible for the worst home record in the club's history alone.

The home record that will be forever in the history books, and will be forever a slur on the club.

Yawn.......
Bollocks mate. Its what I think. I don't go around knocking other people's opinion.

I do ! ....yawn !...........................Godzvilla!

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
Hopefully the big positive will be we will start next season with paul Lambert in charge.  Gaps need to be filled below with good astute signings:

Given

Lichaj        ?????               Collins                  ?????     

N' Zogbia                Herd                ??????               Ireland

????                                   Bent

this is difficult this player Sudoko  :-\

Offline Wiggz

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
I have to echo some of the posts on here....there is definite positive undertones to our season.

1) the Youth stepping up.  For years I've heard Villa fans saying that they wanted more Youth to be given a chance.  Well, mainly out of necessity granted, but McLeish played them.  Herd, Wiemann, Lichaj, Clark, Baker, Carruthers, Bannan, Albrighton (less so this year), all got a chance.  For me, only Herd, Wiemann and Clark emerged with any REAL credit this year.

Wiemann is a goal machine and I hope we can play him more next season - proper fox in the box at times.

2) We lost some influential players and still managed to fight tooth and nail for some draws.  Okay, it wasn't pretty, but we stayed in the league with the likes of Bent, Petrov, Gabby, Dunne, out for considerable time.

3) As somebody else said (and I feel like I'm stealing their points), AML has showed a real determination and spirit against the abuse.  I for one respect him for that.  I draw the line at personal insults and as Villa fans, we have to look at ourselves because honestly....we're some of the worst fans in the whole 92 club setup sometimes.

4) Lerner won't want a repeat so we can be sure at least "something" will change.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 09:36:41 AM »
The only positive thing that could happen is Mc Shit gets the sack or catches soe deadly incuraable desease and does villa a favour.

Considering the events of the last month or so, I think this comment is incredibly insensitive. Shame on you, sir.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
The only positive thing that could happen is Mc Shit gets the sack or catches soe deadly incuraable desease and does villa a favour.

Considering the events of the last month or so, I think this comment is incredibly insensitive. Shame on you, sir.
Quite so and he's now been banned.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »

Quite so and he's now been banned.

Thank you mods.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »
£500 worth John?

never in doubt mate,  never in doubt       ;D

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:00 AM »
We definitively answered the question "Are we a better side without Darren Bent ?"

No. We're really not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal