collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Chris Harte

The future
« on: May 05, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »
Assuming that the current manager is going to be out of the door after we've played Norwich, and assuming that we aren't relegated, there is something that Randy Lerner must surely do.

Above all else, I would expect to Mr Lerner to at least attempt to get David Moyes as the next Villa manager.

Mr Moyes is a proven Premier League manager with record of running a team on a very limited budget for a long time now. Is it possible that Moyes has had enough of having no money to work with after ten years at Everton?

The cost of relegation from the Premier League would probably be at least £40M. The cost of paying off the current manager, plus four years wages for Moyes (assuming the thought of substantially increasing his current wage appealed to him), plus the cost of compensation to Everton would be substantially less than the cost of relegation.

With various high earners probably leaving the club in the summer (Heskey, Cuellar) there's the probability that Mr Lerner would be willing to bankroll, to a small extent, some spending in the transfer market - a possible further inducement for Moyes to come to B6.

With all this in mind, do you think Moyes would be a sensible appointment?

This club needs to regain its pride. It is a founder member of the football league, but when the masses dismiss us as a small club it really hurts.

I honestly think that David Moyes, together with a sensible budget, could help Aston Villa regain at least a bit of its pride.

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: The future
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
I think Moyes is holding out for the Man U job, can see him in with a chance of getting it.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »
If I was David Moyes, I wouldn't step anywhere near Villa Park while the current regime are in charge, same goes if I was a player.

The board have probably without realising caused a lot of damage to the clubs reputation and standing within the game.

But miracles can happen and dreams do sometimes come true, so you never know.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
We've already got a next manager thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal