collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blue Nose Conundrum  (Read 18240 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Blue Nose Conundrum
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »
People talk about our obsession with them and theirs with us. But if they suddenly disappeared, we'd carry on pretty much as normal. If we didn't exist, however, neither would they.

Aston Villa is a huge part of being a Blues supporter. Unwittingly, our very existence has shaped their collective psyche. Our superiority has created a bitterness, jealousy, nastiness and hatred which frequently manifests itself when they encounter Villa fans. Lots of Villa fans have stories about attacks and extreme provocation. It overshadows all the decent fans they have (yes, they do have some) and makes Birmingham City quite an ugly club for all outsiders to behold. 

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 12:42:55 PM »
Anyone here old enough to have gone to Villa one week and to Blues the other?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Yep, me when I was in my teens around 1982/3. Bloody horrible place the sty (not intimidating, just a dump.)

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »
Only ever been to St Andrews when the Villa have played there and will never ever go for any other reason. This despite all my lifelong and closest mates being noses. I have drank with them before and after in, shall we say, some 'lively' places but we would never dream of watching the game together.
By the way, I can watch Blues on tv against other teams with the lads and although I enjoy it when they lose it doesn't really make my day (or season) whereas they really do genuinely get as much pleasure from our misfortunes as from their (very) few moments of glory.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »
I dont think I could enter the sty, unless it was through the away turnstile, whether villa were the visitors or not. I just wouldnt feel comfortable sitting in a stand hearing sotv and all of the rest of there shit for 90 mins. Mind you I dont think the situation would arise with me though....i dont have any Blues mates.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 03:23:47 PM »
Loveley ground, always full of discerning, knowledgable, tolerant fans who love nothing more than to discuss pressing social issues with their beloved neighbours from across the city. (Heh Heh!!). ;D

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »
Er, no.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »

Yes, for several years in the '60's with my best mate.

People were a bit more civilised in those days judging from some of the more extreme comments on this thread.

The rise and rise of macho man eh?

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
I saw a few games there in 1968/9. They had a strong attacking side with a weak defence.

I was there when Geoff Vowden came on as a sub against Huddersfield and scored a hat-trick, the first player to do so. In another game Blues beat Fulham 5-4, Jimmy Greenhoff, a fine player, scored four and missed a penalty. Fulham were so desperate for goals that they put a full-back up front and it worked. His name? Malcolm Ma cDonald.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
Think you made the right decision Chipsticks. There not all knuckle draggers like some have said, but there is a large portion of them and there will be especially for a game as big as this. No room for error on your part
However a good atmosphere and a good game sounds tempting if you can keep your emotions hidden well and pretened to be happy for them
As has been mentioned, a low key game maybe better, plus taking up a genuine nose ticket wouldn't be too fair. Wouldn't like to miss out on a big game for Villa so a nose could go

Offline pedro25

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 01:13:21 PM »
I'd go, I love watching live football and I'm sure the scum will lose.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
You've done exactly the right thing. Now, you know when he's out of the house so why not pop round and make aquaintance with his good lady.

Ding dong.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2012, 12:51:05 AM »
Did you go ?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2012, 06:43:43 AM »
You are an adult. Think about what an adult would do.

Take advantage of the fact the mate is at the football by nipping round and back scuttling his missus???
disgraceful

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal