collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa players in nightclub brawl (Evening Mail video)  (Read 54932 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Villa players in nightclub brawl (Evening Mail video)
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
He looks like the house elf from Harry Potter in that photo.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
Since when does agression make a top quality footballer? Football has moved past this 'get stuck in lads, give them a few kicks' attitude...?

It seems to be something that excites the crowd still.

Offline PeterWithe

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
Its not that they got into a fight that bugs me . Its the fact that they're stupid enough to think they can go for a drink in a place like that. Gone are the days when a footballer could walk around a nightspot smashed out of his skull Paul McGrath style and remain unmolested. Now any Nose would see you as fair game for a pop, likeswise those that see anyone famous or rich as a target and i'm sure a few Villa fans wouldn't have minded a word either. If you want to get pissed join a private club or go far out the area, not Broad street ffs.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »
Last time I had a pint in Broad St there were only a few pubs around there. The Grapevine, Crown, Westward Ho, Bulls Head, Crusader, Prince of Wales, Longboat, another near the top end and off to the right whose name escapes me. Barbarella's, Rum Runner were nearby.
Lee Longlands sale was well and truly under way.
There was a cafe on the left, very similar to that one on Smallbrook just around the corner from Hurst St. It was something like Appolonia or Partheon; Greek anyway. Great bacon sandwich. Tea in white cups made of glass.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Its not that they got into a fight that bugs me . Its the fact that they're stupid enough to think they can go for a drink in a place like that. Gone are the days when a footballer could walk around a nightspot smashed out of his skull Paul McGrath style and remain unmolested. Now any Nose would see you as fair game for a pop, likeswise those that see anyone famous or rich as a target and i'm sure a few Villa fans wouldn't have minded a word either. If you want to get pissed join a private club or go far out the area, not Broad street ffs.

On a slight tangent; How much do that group earn between them? Probably in the region of a hundred grand a week. How much to hire a couple of minders for the night?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2012, 11:43:18 AM »
Alternatively, they could have gone down to the Smoke. Where there would have been far less chance of even being recognised.

If they absolutely positively had to go out in Brum, places like the Tap and Spile or similar don't have quite the same dickhead ratio as Gatecrasher and the like.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
Maybe the minder was the guy in the suit in the video. I know players hire them.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »

On a slight tangent; How much do that group earn between them? Probably in the region of a hundred grand a week. How much to hire a couple of minders for the night?

Exactly, they are grown men, who should be aware of who they are and where they are going and what they are doing: local premier league footballer, in a city centre club, drinking. Yes they have the right to go out like anyone else but also that they are stillsubject to what happens on a night out x 100 as they are footballers.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
Not good from a role model pov! Not good at all. I remember when Villa players got respect in clubs down Broad St and Corporation St/Steelhouse Lane. We were honoured to have them in our presence. Not these shites!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2012, 01:12:53 PM »
Alternatively, they could have gone down to the Smoke. Where there would have been far less chance of even being recognised.

If they absolutely positively had to go out in Brum, places like the Tap and Spile or similar don't have quite the same dickhead ratio as Gatecrasher and the like.

Agree. Also, I'm sure their houses are big enough, why not go back to one of their pads for a few beers?

I think the answer to this is the fact that 'Big Time Charlies' like to be seen out. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »
Herd certainly looks more than willing it mix it. He'd look more convincing with Collins's hairdo than that early 1990's 'Boyzone' style do though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal