collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: End of season awards  (Read 25828 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: End of season awards
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
Stephen Ireland was actually trending on Twitter last night.  The prevaling views being, "Stephen Ireland has won the fans award at Villa - shows how bad things are down there"

and

"Stephen Ireland has won the best player of the year award, or should that be the least rubbish player"

Both fair comments.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »
Typical Villa, all moaning about who got what. For me not one player who put that shirt on should have the privilege to win any kind of award this season...it has been a shambles, no one deserves "awards", you get them for achievements!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
There are rumours that two of our defenders (both balding) were chucked out of Gatecrasher in the early hours of this morning. Great.

As long as they weren't breaking a club curfew, which with the next game not until Sunday and it being an official club night out may well be the case, then I simply ain't bothered about stuff like that. 

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
Stephen Ireland? Dear Lord.
My thoughts too. The voting system clearly needs looking if it comes up with a player who started less then half the league games – and who switched off at so many vital times during the ones he did play.
Yes he's very talented – but he shouldn't be rewarded for wasting the talent he has.
The fact that Marc Albrighton had already clinched the POY award midway through last season is proof that the voting system is wrong.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »
There are rumours that two of our defenders (both balding) were chucked out of Gatecrasher in the early hours of this morning. Great.

There was a Right Said Fred tribute act on there last night.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
The prepared statement went on:

"Ashley won the award for his performance at Old Trafford, where he produced a faultless triple salco with half pike, that thrilled the judges"

Did I hear the city fans chanting 'cheat' every time he touched the ball last night?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 01:46:38 PM »
Best and most convenient disappearing act award - General Ckrulak

Most likely to be the next Alex Ferguson award - Alex McLeish

Club department we feel the most sorry for award - Marketing

The first of those is certainly very well merited

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »
I hope they were all embarrassed when they picked up their awards ,except for Stan of course!

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
The prepared statement went on:

"Ashley won the award for his performance at Old Trafford, where he produced a faultless triple salco with half pike, that thrilled the judges"

Did I hear the city fans chanting 'cheat' every time he touched the ball last night?

Yeah and singing "He's gonna dive in a minute"

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Strange thing was that, in some of the match footage they showed last night, there were quite a few sightings of cheating Young and Barry in Villa shirts. I was surprised that they hadn't edited them out.

Offline villajk

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »
Who won the manager of the year award?

Nicola Keye?
The catering manager,although it was a close run thing between him and the cleaning of the shithouse manager!!!!!

Just to clarify.  The catering manager, otherwise known as Head of Hospitality and Events, is a woman, Alison Plant.

Offline gabbyisgod

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

I've heard this as well, also that Chris Herd was with them.

I do wonder why the 'end of season' meal/party took place... before the 'end of season'... especially as we are in a relegation dog fight!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Given was on 5Live this morning to talk about the Citeh - Ure game, the first couple of minutes were taken up with questions about the future of you know who and of course he came out with the usual guff about him being a very good manager waffle,waffle. Then he mentioned the awards and said as far as he is concerned none of them deserve any awards for the season we have gone through.

He's got that bang on then. The 'lap of honour' on Sunday will be pathetic.
Don't you mean the Lap of Dishonour?

It's called a lap of appreciation now. I think. I still have O'Leary's shameful walk as one of my YT videos.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2012, 07:00:47 PM »
Given was on 5Live this morning to talk about the Citeh - Ure game, the first couple of minutes were taken up with questions about the future of you know who and of course he came out with the usual guff about him being a very good manager waffle,waffle. Then he mentioned the awards and said as far as he is concerned none of them deserve any awards for the season we have gone through.

It's called a lap of appreciation now. I think. I still have O'Leary's shameful walk as one of my YT videos.
Can we give Alex a lap of appreciation?Like wild f'in indians,shooting sharpened sticks at his waggon?Just to show our appreciation,of course.

Offline villajk

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »

It is a lap of appreciation so the players can thank the fans.  I'll not be sticking round for,I've other things to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal