collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:45:42 AM]

[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next weeks planned protest - not in my name  (Read 52600 times)

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Next weeks planned protest - not in my name
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2012, 03:42:05 PM »
I know this is a bit old fashioned but wouldn’t a properly administered petition be a cheap and effective way of getting the fan’s point across.  At Norwich there’ll be hmmm 3,000 people max so it would be feasible to ask pretty much every person to sign it.

If you get say 2,500 signatures then it would demonstrate that a huge majority of the important paying customers want “McLeish Out".  You then send a copy to the club and a press release to numerous media outlets so it’ll get maximum exposure.

I realise this does not provide the opportunity for much drama and the potential for your banner to get on TV but, if done well, the journalists will lap it up and the club will have received a quantifiable demonstration from the fans i.e. it can no longer be excused as the vocal minority.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »
There were loads of leaflets on the deck after the game next to the Occupy the Park vigil.

The text speak on one of the banners was great. Bcuz indeed.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
I know this is a bit old fashioned but wouldn’t a properly administered petition be a cheap and effective way of getting the fan’s point across.  At Norwich there’ll be hmmm 3,000 people max so it would be feasible to ask pretty much every person to sign it.

If you get say 2,500 signatures then it would demonstrate that a huge majority of the important paying customers want “McLeish Out".  You then send a copy to the club and a press release to numerous media outlets so it’ll get maximum exposure.

I realise this does not provide the opportunity for much drama and the potential for your banner to get on TV but, if done well, the journalists will lap it up and the club will have received a quantifiable demonstration from the fans i.e. it can no longer be excused as the vocal minority.

What would be interesting is how many would sign. If it was a simple 'sign if you want Alex McLeish out' I'm not sure the majority would sign it. There are other issues, some people don't think he's had a fair chance yet and knew this year would be a struggle. We need to know our owners intentions first. Is he going to spend money on players in the summer? Or is it go with what we've got again and just spend any transfer money you may make from sales.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »

What would be interesting is how many would sign. If it was a simple 'sign if you want Alex McLeish out' I'm not sure the majority would sign it. There are other issues, some people don't think he's had a fair chance yet and knew this year would be a struggle. We need to know our owners intentions first. Is he going to spend money on players in the summer? Or is it go with what we've got again and just spend any transfer money you may make from sales.

Really!?  If that really is the case then are these protesters correct to be claiming they’re protesting on behalf of villa fans?

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »

The problem I have with this is that, as it's the last game of the season,a considerable amount of alcohol may have been imbibed by quite a few and Mickey Mouse names could appear on the petition, rendering it useless.

I'm sure  the powers that be at VP will do the right thing next week.

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2012, 04:26:11 PM »

Really!?  If that really is the case then are these protesters correct to be claiming they’re protesting on behalf of villa fans?

Just not as many as they think

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal