collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next weeks planned protest - not in my name  (Read 52723 times)

Offline Richie

Next weeks planned protest - not in my name
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
This is a plea to all genuine Villa fans who want to see us survive this season, please don't get involved in the planned protest against McLeish next week.

At home, we are a team playing with virtually zero confidence and without doubt we need a rocking Villa Park getting behind the team against Spurs.

After watching the spirited performance yesterday, I genuinely think we can pick up at least one win in these last 2 games. Spurs haven't been great for the last couple of months and Norwich have lost the last 3. We looked much better with some more experienced players back in the team.

Like I dare say many others, I've been lying in bed this morning worried sick about the Chelsea - QPR result.
Fingers crossed, Chelsea can do us a favour. However, it would be great to do ourselves a favour and finish the job without having to rely on other teams losing.

Protesting against the Manager pre-match or during the match is only helping our rivals in the bottom 6. It certainly isn't going to help the Villa.

Whoever is organising this protest, please cancel your plans.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Next weeks planned protest - not in my name
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »
Or save it for after the game.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
Agreed...get behind the team!!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
I've written an article for the H&V due out on the Spurs game which says pretty much this. I fully agree.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »
Bearing in mind he'll more than likely not be here next season anyway, it would be a pointless protest, but if they insist on getting the bedsheets out, after the game is best.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:36:27 AM by Clampy »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
I don't, one win in 14 games or whatever proves that whatever the fans do or don't do has a pretty negligible effect on the outcome of games.  That arse McLeish couldn't even be bothered to get out of his seat yesterday.  It's quite possible to support the team AND give the manager a rollicking.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:36:17 AM »
I don't, one win in 14 games or whatever proves that whatever the fans do or don't do has a pretty negligible effect on the outcome of games.  That arse McLeish couldn't even be bothered to get out of his seat yesterday.  It's quite possible to support the team AND give the manager a rollicking.

At the moment, he is that young team's 'mentor' and source of inspiration, if you will. How do you think having 30,000 people screaming abuse about how shit he is will help our cause? It'll only create a negative atmosphere that's going to make the likes of Herd, Lichaj, and Weimann nervous.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »
I have a feeling he wont be in charge anyway. Just a feeling.

Offline rutski

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
what a load of arse, the fans yesterday gave no credence to mcleish at all and the support was amazing, we treated him as a ghost! any noise to be made should be positive towards the team and leave mcleish out of it. he is history!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »

I have the same feeling.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 11:42:23 AM »

It's an interesting thought. He's said that he won't walk away but after the abuse he got against Bolton, i wonder if the club will want to put him through it again. If QPR and Blackburn win today, it might taken out of his hands.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »
I know one or two players they know how shit he is.. He will mutally agree to leave by end of 18th May if not before.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »

How does that work then?

'Sack McLeish, my lord, Sack McLeish
'But not the team my lord, not the team'

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »

No it isn't possible to do both. I suggest anyone who wants to turn up and boo stay away from the match it's detrimental to the team (unless of course you want the team to lose). I thought Eck sitting on the bench yesterday was very magnanimous of him. He didn't want to draw any negative reaction. Having a go at him for doing this just goes to show he can't win either way in some supporters eyes. He may be out of his depth here but I have never doubted that he is a genuine bloke.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »

At the moment, he is that young team's 'mentor' and source of inspiration, if you will. How do you think having 30,000 people screaming abuse about how shit he is will help our cause? It'll only create a negative atmosphere that's going to make the likes of Herd, Lichaj, and Weimann nervous.

I'm sure 99% of fans will go to any game to 'get behind the team'. But if we are losing 3-0 at half time I doubt many will politely applaud them off.

I am in two minds about any protest though. You do think support should be 100% until we are out of the mire. However I also think talk of the managers departure are a little premature. As such fans need to still register their displeasure as I have a feeling that RL, well PF, will hope we avoid relegation, chuck a bit of money at the squad, keep talking about 'rebuildng' and hope the disquiet subsides. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal