collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?  (Read 15778 times)

Offline Irish villain

Re: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 02:36:23 AM »
My friends don't want us to go down because they have seen what we've been subjected to this season and know we're better than that as a club. They also know it'll put me in a bad mood and they can't bear the thoughts of me moaning and whining any more than I already do.

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 02:48:26 AM »
Don't give a shit what other clubs think, especially not arse and the plastic mancs. arsenal won titles playing diabolical football under Graham and none of them complained at the time, now he's a dirty word to most of them under Wenger. United fans, well they're like rats, never more than 10 feet from one and if the amount of them who claim to be from there originally was true then Manchester must have had a population many times above london and birmingham combined 20 years go.

yep we're shit to watch but i'd have to be in bad way to care what they think.

The shocking thing was that the ManUre fans were all from Manchester or Greater Manchester (think the one was from Rochdale), the Arsenal fan was from fecking Oldbury.

The Arsenal fan did actually speak some sense in the fact that he said we where a big club and deserve to be doing better and anyone who says otherwise is talking shit, the only thing he said that that really got under my skin was that The Villa have a history of ruining any top striker we buy and that Bent will be the latest victim. Now im only 29 so i haven't seem us buy to many top class forwards but i think the likes of Dublin and Saunders done well for us and Angel eventually showed he had something and Savo was young when with us and went on to have a good time in Spain and Italy.

Greater manchester is about as big as the west midlands. It's not manchester and includes places so far out the area to be larfable. Like if we called Telford, Wolverhampton and Coventry, Greater Birmingham, and was only invented by manc politicians to cure their inferiority complex.. Manchester has a population of about 400k so if you look at their crowds it must be a robber's paradise come weekends. I believe United aren't actually in,  or weren't  orignally in manchester but the City of Salford which makes you wonder. any United fan who say's he's from "Greater manchester"  probably isn't from manchester

That's correct.

Old Trafford is not in Manchester.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 02:53:56 AM »
Don't give a shit what other clubs think, especially not arse and the plastic mancs. arsenal won titles playing diabolical football under Graham and none of them complained at the time, now he's a dirty word to most of them under Wenger. United fans, well they're like rats, never more than 10 feet from one and if the amount of them who claim to be from there originally was true then Manchester must have had a population many times above london and birmingham combined 20 years go.

yep we're shit to watch but i'd have to be in bad way to care what they think.

The shocking thing was that the ManUre fans were all from Manchester or Greater Manchester (think the one was from Rochdale), the Arsenal fan was from fecking Oldbury.

The Arsenal fan did actually speak some sense in the fact that he said we where a big club and deserve to be doing better and anyone who says otherwise is talking shit, the only thing he said that that really got under my skin was that The Villa have a history of ruining any top striker we buy and that Bent will be the latest victim. Now im only 29 so i haven't seem us buy to many top class forwards but i think the likes of Dublin and Saunders done well for us and Angel eventually showed he had something and Savo was young when with us and went on to have a good time in Spain and Italy.

Every club ruins expensive strikers. It's what comes from the transfer market massively overvaluing them as a result of unrealistic supporter expectations that signing one guy, whose job it is to finish moves, will solve all a team's problems.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 06:08:15 AM »
Don't think we're particularly disliked - why would we be ? Most of my friends are asking me "what happened to Villa?"

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2012, 06:12:24 AM »
Greater manchester is about as big as the west midlands. It's not manchester and includes places so far out the area to be larfable. Like if we called Telford, Wolverhampton and Coventry, Greater Birmingham, and was only invented by manc politicians to cure their inferiority complex.. Manchester has a population of about 400k so if you look at their crowds it must be a robber's paradise come weekends. I believe United aren't actually in,  or weren't  orignally in manchester but the City of Salford which makes you wonder. any United fan who say's he's from "Greater manchester"  probably isn't from manchester

At the weekends? No, it was (and is) a robbers paradise for every minute of the 3 years I lived there. The whole place is a cesspit of thieves; lost count of how many times I was robbed, mugged or turned over in some way by "mad-for-it" wankers.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »
We're the new Newcastle.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
We're the new Newcastle.

Excellent.  I shall look forward to a season in the Championship before coming up and smashing a sliding club 6-0 and then going on to push for the champions league under a much berated manager at the "One Stop Arena".

Edit:  With the best fans in the world cheering us on etc etc...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:22:01 AM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »
We always used to think that being hated would mean we had made it and were challenging for honours. None of us wanted the Villa to be anyone's second team!

Bring it on, siege mentality and all that

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »
My friends don't want us to go down because they have seen what we've been subjected to this season and know we're better than that as a club. They also know it'll put me in a bad mood and they can't bear the thoughts of me moaning and whining any more than I already do.

I have been in a really foul mood for the whole of the last seven days thanks to the Villa. It's very difficult to snap out of it and my family can't understand why I have been so grizzly and snappy all week. I went to a management meeting on Wednesday after the Bolton result and barely said a word..

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
It would be balanced, I guess, if we are hated because I hate those clubs that aren't Aston Villa.

You name them and I'll give you a reason why they're a shower of twats.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
No we are not.I dont think that anybody really hates the Villa in the Prem.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »
I think we are yet to be worse than stoke. But people must think FFS when they see it's is on the box at the weekend....

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »
I think Villa have become one of those clubs that people truly don't give a toss about although I know from various Newcastle supporting friends that they would take great delight in seeing Villa drop after the delight we took in sending them down.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
Most of these 'knowldegeable, well reasoned neutrals' have probably only bothered to watch us against the sky favourites man city and man united when we were abysmal, distinctly worse than we have genrally been, and have formed their opinions based on these games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal