collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?  (Read 15815 times)

Offline villanic

Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
Not long got back from a work related course in Manchester which was boring as feck but woke me up to something.

Most supporters of other clubs (Premier League & lower) would love to see us get relegated this season. We have become that team that other supporters hate to watch live or on TV because we are so boring and the team they would all love to see drop out of the prem.

There was about 30 of us on this course, 2 of us were Villa and the rest supported teams ranging from ManUre and Arsenal to the likes of Stockport and there was even a lad who supported Weymouth.

The guy who supported Stockport said that we where by far the worst team he had seen this season and that he had watched teams play better football in the conference, he was actually a decent bloke and knew what he was on about. 

The ManUre & Arsenal fans (neither of which seemed to far up there own arse) both said the same thing which was in the last few season they saw us as a difficult game home and away but this season they where confident that we where a guaranteed 6 points for them. The majority of them also said that last season it was blues that they wanted to see go down because they where so shite and said we are playing the same sort of football, i.e. boring, negative and set up not to lose and happy for a draw.

The general feeling was that teams like Wigan, Blackburn and even Bolton deserve to stay up ahead of us because they play better football and have a go even against the big teams, apart from Bolton who I think have been poor this season, I found it hard to argue against what they where saying

Its just sad to see that this season we have joined the likes of the blues, west ham and Newcastle as that team people love to hate.

Offline Mazrim

Re: Are we the most disliked premier league club this season?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:46 PM »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »
I don't think we're hated, just pitied.

Which is even worse.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:38:07 PM »
Sad indeed but that's what we have become.
I admired the spirit shown by the other teams in the shit with us this season, that is sadly something missing with us. Everyone else is capable of pulling off unexpected results. Not us though.
Is he gone yet ?

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
Everybody wants us to go down.

Shows that we are a big club.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
Really, if I supported anyone else and had seen us this year, I'd want us to go down.

We make Stoke's football look flamboyant.

I can't wait till we see the back of this manager and his depressing anti football guff.

Oops. Soz. That slipped out.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
Since when have we given a shit about what supporters of other clubs think?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 10:56:29 PM »
Who care.

Offline villanic

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 10:56:50 PM »

Which is even worse.

That was the other thing I got of a lot of them, Pity, and your right its feels worse that some one saying that they hate us.

A lot of them also thought that we would struggle in the championship. A Coventry fan who was as down about Cov as I am about the Villa said that if we do go down and don’t get straight back up then we could easily end up languishing in the championship.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:47 PM »

Which is even worse.

That was the other thing I got of a lot of them, Pity, and your right its feels worse that some one saying that they hate us.

A lot of them also thought that we would struggle in the championship. A Coventry fan who was as down about Cov as I am about the Villa said that if we do go down and don’t get straight back up then we could easily end up languishing in the championship.

That's got me worried.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
Since when have we given a shit about what supporters of other clubs think?

I don't give a shit.

I just don't blame them.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
The pity thing is a smokescreen. Really they're just vultures and happy it's not their own team in the shit.

Offline villajk

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »
It's because they're jealous.

Offline Dave Clark Five

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »
Everybody wants us to go down.

Shows that we are a big club.
'We', 'us', troll.

Offline villanic

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 11:33:57 PM »

Which is even worse.

That's got me worried.

Don't know if your joking or not  there mate but I am worried.

On the train coming back I started thinking about what the Cov fan said and at the minute with the way we are cutting cost and RL tightening the purse strings I cant see to much difference between us and  someone like Leeds.

They had a couple of years of splashing the cash and trying to break into the top of the prem and managed to actually make the champions league (unlike us) then had things went pear shaped, No champion league and the spending slowed down  and then the unthinkable happened and they went down.

I think they may have kept a few of there big players (on massive wages) the 1st season but after failing to get promotion they had to start rebuilding the whole squad but still signed players for big money and on big wages compared to other clubs at that level (average players mainly) and brought through young players  thinking they would get back up.

They went down again and have struggled ever since. It worry’s me that this is the way we could go because I don’t think the players we have signed under RL have relegation clauses in there contracts (I hope I’m wrong on that) so the ones who stay will continue to collect high wages and we will struggle to sell some of the others because of the wages they are on and there age.

If the unthinkable happens and we do go down then we will be the big fish in that league and everyone from Leicester to Peterborough will be looking to get one over on us so it is not a far stretch of the imagination for us to end up like a Leeds, Forest or Sheff Wed.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:36:28 PM by villanic »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal