collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Statement #avfc fans should send....  (Read 25594 times)

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
Re: The Statement #avfc fans should send....
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
hmm, bit of a quote failure above... soz

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:07 PM »
A picture of Risso (with groupies)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
Is this letter from that Chris Hernia bloke?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
Is this letter from that Chris Hernia bloke?

Can't truss anything that bloke writes.

Offline nigel

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »
"May 6th will be “McLeish Out Day” at Villa Park. If you are our custodian you will see that us organising this during such a run has taken a lot to do and we ask that changes are made and (unlike the past few games) Villa Fans are allowed to display our feelings during the game through banners and placards."

Do what you like as long as it stays out of the ground for 90+ minutes and it's support the Villa untill we're hoarse!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
"May 6th will be “McLeish Out Day” at Villa Park. If you are our custodian you will see that us organising this during such a run has taken a lot to do and we ask that changes are made and (unlike the past few games) Villa Fans are allowed to display our feelings during the game through banners and placards."

Do what you like as long as it stays out of the ground for 90+ minutes and it's support the Villa untill we're hoarse!

I have to agree with that Nigel, this negative stuff is NOT helping the guys that can do something about it ON the pitch.

I'd rather we stay up THEN replace the Manager still in the Prem.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Can you fuck off to Canon Hill Park on May 6th for your "McLeish out Day" please – there's an important game on at Villa Park that day.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
If Twitter has nothing else to answer for, it should be forever blamed for Joey Barton and his idiot cohorts putting a hash in front of everything they want to talk about.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »

I have to agree with that Nigel, this negative stuff is NOT helping the guys that can do something about it ON the pitch.

I'd rather we stay up THEN replace the Manager still in the Prem.

Tim, the problem is if we do stay up then he will more than likely keep his job. 

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 07:17:45 PM »
Great. Someone else who thinks "not united" = "should do what I say." Welcome to the site, by the way. It's only taken you 13 years to find it.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
Again, the thoughts behind the letter are good but it is impossible to get the full backing of fans when it's written in this way.  Too much of it is based on the opinion of the writer.

Stick to the facts, and where observations are required make it clear that they are exactly that.

something like:

Dear Randy/Paul/whoever

After nearly a full season under the management of Alex McLeish it is now a fair time to review his performance to date.

7 league wins (and 36 points) from 35 games is the worst points per game the club has experienced in 25years, with the previous season of this standard seeing us relegated from the then first division.  With only 4 of those wins coming at Villa park our home record is officially the worst in the history of the club.  This record also sees McLeish have a win % with the club of just 20% (in league games).  His record with Birmingham City in the premier league saw 26 wins in 100 games does not suggest this season has been an anomaly.

Many fans have also been disappointed by what has been perceived as a negative defensive style of football which has seen just 36 goals in our 35 league matches to date.  Again this is not out of line with his time at Birmingham City, which saw 108 goals in those same 100 premier league games.

Attendances during the season have often been poor the last 2 games against Sunderland and Bolton seeing 32557 and 32263.  This is in contrast to the average of 37,273 from the previous season.  Based on personal conversations and internet forums it seems likely this will drop further next season.

Given the above statistics for this season, and the evidence from previous seasons, I (and many other villa fans) believe that is is in the best interests of the club to terminate our association with McLeish immediately.

I would also recommend that playstyle be considered an important factor by reviewing the performances of the youth and reserve sides in the club and attempting to appoint a manager that will continue this style into the first team.  This will allow a much easier transition into the first team squad for our younger players who many Villa fans believe have the potential to push us into a much higher position in the table.

Regards
Paul

I'm not sending this myself and have posted it rather to show people what I think would be a much more accepted format for a letter to the club.  Feel free to pick it apart and make changes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »
Exactly Paul, thank you.  I'd happily put my name to that.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »
7 league wins (and 36 points) from 35 games is the worst points per game the club has experienced in 25years

Points per game is misleading - dosent take account the change from 2 points for a win to 3 and it makes McLeish's record look better than it actually should

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »
7 league wins (and 36 points) from 35 games is the worst points per game the club has experienced in 25years

Points per game is misleading - dosent take account the change from 2 points for a win to 3 and it makes McLeish's record look better than it actually should

Given that I've specified the last 25 years I didn't really consider it as a problem but I do get your point.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »
Will there be anything else on this thread that hasn't been said on a dozen others?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal