collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Put your grievances to one side! for the sake of Aston Villa  (Read 9188 times)

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Put your grievances to one side! for the sake of Aston Villa
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »
As far as I'm concerned our support at the stadium has been overwhelmingly supportive considering the circumstances. Nothing exceptionally out of line until Bolton and that wasn't even that bad. We're just lucky Randy was there to hear it.

We're loud as shit, mate. You know that right?

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
Wigan away, second half got a bit nasty but other than that and Bolton as you mention the fans have been very patient.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »
Wigan away, second half got a bit nasty but other than that and Bolton as you mention the fans have been very patient.

I'd go as far to say surprisingly so. 

Only a few years ago they would have been banging seats in frustration at a scoreless draw. 

As much as he's universally disliked in his role he's not an unlikeable person, I think that is what has saved him from the mob so far.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
@MatKendrick Hope my boss lets me break with convention and make the phenomenally supportive Villa fans my 'man of the match' today.

Like him or not, Mat knows the Villa.. and I agree with him.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
BACK THE TEAM M'LORD
BACK THE TEAM

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »

McLeish got some deserved stick at Wigan, but the support for the team never wavered.  Lots of the players came over and made a point of clapping the fans at the end.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »

McLeish got some deserved stick at Wigan, but the support for the team never wavered.  Lots of the players came over and made a point of clapping the fans at the end.

indeed. the support for the team was excellent up at wigan, with every anti-AMc chant being followed by a positive VTID/lions flag flying high type song. impressive.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »
whats the point of the protest ?  to tell Randy to get rid of Mcleish.

Mcleish is going anyway,
 no matter what happens between now and the end of the season, so there is no point

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,
 no matter what happens between now and the end of the season, so there is no point

I need to vent my spleen ;-)

Offline rutski

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

your need to vent your spleen will not do anything to help the players on the pitch!
go home, truss your self up, put an orange in your mouth and turn your gas off! at least you will satisfy your carnal desire that way boy!

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

your need to vent your spleen will not do anything to help the players on the pitch!
go home, truss your self up, put an orange in your mouth and turn your gas off! at least you will satisfy your carnal desire that way boy!

Harsh. RL & PF still have to be reminded that this managerial appointment was an absolute disaster, from it's inception right through to the current day.

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

What a strange mix response of allusions and visualisations! Calm the fuck down ;-)

We "vented" on Tuesday and look at the reaction afterwards - "people" (OK the press) finally woke up to the fact that AM is not a very good manager. We did not "vent" during the previous months of the season and the team were shite.

I don't know the evidence base for the effect of"venting" on footballers - maybe you do?

Offline rutski

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

What a strange mix response of allusions and visualisations! Calm the fuck down ;-)

We "vented" on Tuesday and look at the reaction afterwards - "people" (OK the press) finally woke up to the fact that AM is not a very good manager. We did not "vent" during the previous months of the season and the team were shite.

I don't know the evidence base for the effect of"venting" on footballers - maybe you do?

mcleish is a ghost, dead man walking an ex fucking parrott! cheer the team on, that is it, cheer the team on full stop. too many knuckle heads still want to create a bad atmosphere in the ground, it doesnt help the frigging team!

Offline Witton Warrior

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 05:20:22 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

mcleish is a ghost, dead man walking an ex fucking parrott! cheer the team on, that is it, cheer the team on full stop. too many knuckle heads still want to create a bad atmosphere in the ground, it doesnt help the frigging team!

You are creating agendas here Rutski - "Too many knuckle heads still wanting to create a bad atmosphere in the ground" -  well thanks for that insult; not really appreciated.

I take it you were there on Tuesday and heard the tremendous support for all but 4 minutes?

You can do both kidder it's not an either/or.

Anyway I will retire from this as you are obviously a bit worked up.

Offline rutski

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »

Mcleish is going anyway,

You are creating agendas here Rutski - "Too many knuckle heads still wanting to create a bad atmosphere in the ground" -  well thanks for that insult; not really appreciated.

I take it you were there on Tuesday and heard the tremendous support for all but 4 minutes?

You can do both kidder it's not an either/or.

Anyway I will retire from this as you are obviously a bit worked up.
i was there tuesday, i was there at his first away game at fulham and 10 other away games. as a crowd i think we have been very patient! the football has been poor and the message will now have been firmly recieved between the ears of randy!
but we are not mathematically safe, no amount of vitriol and abuse that you or i can shout will help the players on the pitch one bit! he is gone, fucked off, finished and so we need to back the team and forget about the ginger twat! he is part of our history, albeit a shit part!
no one will ever convince me that booing whilst the game is going on will help the team one iota.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal