collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dunne urges fans to lay off McLeish  (Read 15871 times)

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Dunne urges fans to lay off McLeish
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26042012/63/dunne-urges-fans-lay-mcleish.html

He told Press Association Sport: "It's very important for the fans that they support us, because they want to be watching Premier League football next season. We are giving our best and things just haven't gone right for us.

"But we've got three weeks to go and we need three weeks of massive support from everyone. We need everyone behind us and hopefully they will see the benefit of this season being a season when we've blooded six or seven youngsters in the first team and we can build on that and learn from this experience."

It seems like the players are behind McLeish but they have little choice considering most of the seniors are begging for contract negotiations. Not only will they have taken us down, but they'll possibly out of a job. I don't think anyone will be holding back after the Bolton result, and when I say the discontent is warranted, I mean we should've thrown our Petrov pies at him last weekend.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Dunne urges fans to lay off McLeish
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
Sorry it's a two way street and the performances haven't warranted support. Do something on the pitch and you'll be supported. It's too late for Mcleish now.

Offline villanic

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Everyone coming out and saying they need us to support the club is fecking me off. We do support the club and we’ll still be supporting the club after they have all pissed off.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
"Dunne urges fans to lay off McLeish"

Whilst the fans urge Dunne to lay off the Black Stuff :) 

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:04:18 PM »
I suppose he can't say anything else really,actions speak louder though,stop defending like the Keystone cops may be a good start.

Offline supertom

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
Dunne had absolutely no interest in our club when he was causing grief for Houllier and waddelling around 1-2 stone over weight. He's been better this season but still hasn't done enough to drive the team on and rouse his team mates.

Concentrate on your treadmill Richard and for the love of god, lay off the bloody pies! The sooner we get shot of his 60k wages, the better.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
Maybe we could do with some of his team-talks from last season?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
What do you think we've been doing all season fatty?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
Why is it when a Villa player says everyone needs to rally together does everyone go mad? I know its been shite all season and I've lost my head more than once this season.
Its clearly not helping the team being negative, so why are people 'fecking you off' for saying get behind the club
All the inhouse fighting with fans, having a go at players chairman and manager is doing fuck all good. Get behind the team and make yourselves heard in a supportive way thoughout the season. Let the manager know how you feel AFTER  the Norwich game...

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
Fair enough but I wish they'd stop this nonsense of 'oh but we've been so unlucky'. Stop the excuses and start performing.

Yeah but no but...

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »
Yeah like you went easy on Houllier Richard? Short memory.

I bet you didn't like been told you had to pass the ball, eat sensibly and do some training. I guess McLeish is much more your sort of manager?

Well you know what, Houllier is a decent manager, shame you couldn't see it. We have gone easy on McLeish, but he's delivered exactly what most of us expected. So now that frustration is being voiced. Why don't you shut your cake hole and get on with what you are being paid a small fortune per week to do?

Guess what, when you win games McLeish gets an easier time. Can't see that happening though. And leave the youngsters out of it, you're as bad a McLeish for using them as a diversion for you and the other pros completely bottling it. Show some leadership (on the pitch).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:46:11 PM by markeeeebeeee2005 »

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
There's nothing I hate more than footballers "encouraging" fans to support the team. They do, week in, week out in their thousands spending their hard earned money.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 07:14:11 PM »
I urge Dunne to lay off the pies.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Houllier nostalgia. Just what I needed after a day of educating while stricken with man-flu...

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
I'd take him back, and its not nostalgia.

Last year was certainly difficult, but there was a vision. For me it felt like a year of transition, but there was a feeling that we were working towards something.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal