collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ugo wants Villa job...  (Read 16666 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Ugo wants Villa job...
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
No as a managerial dream-team.
We've had tired and not-very-good experienced managers but we shouldn't be a learning ground for rookies either.
Our next managerial team surely has to be either up-and-coming from the lower leagues or from a foreign league.

FWIW, I always thought Southgate to be an honest and committed Villa player who got racked off with the lack of real ambition from Ellis.
Ugo - no malice or affection. Some players come and go.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:17:13 AM by EffDee »

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
Ugo wants the job now? Blimey, his first game could be against Norwich, he always makes a great debut against them......

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »
No thanks, I'd rather have Laursen

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
No to both, or even either, personally ... unless it's them or McLeech, then absolutely!

Brilliant comment thats my view as well

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:24 AM »
Erm nope.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
I want the Villa job as well. I am probably more qualified to do it that Ego and my wages would cost a fraction of his. Are you listening Randy?

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
I heard it.  He said he'd keep McLown on until the end of the season (thats relegation then) and that we didn't want him because he came from Blues.  No mention of dour football.

If that's what he said then he's thick and we don't need another fool as manager.  Well said Quick Jar McGrath re Southgate, the guy has been unfairly demonised for being guilty of getting fed up with Doug's lack of ambition.   The only difference between him and most of us at the time was that he could walk away, and he did.  And I don't blame him.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
I heard it.  He said he'd keep McLown on until the end of the season (thats relegation then) and that we didn't want him because he came from Blues.  No mention of dour football.

If that's what he said then he's thick and we don't need another fool as manager.  Well said Quick Jar McGrath re Southgate, the guy has been unfairly demonised for being guilty of getting fed up with Doug's lack of ambition.   The only difference between him and most of us at the time was that he could walk away, and he did.  And I don't blame him.

Agreed and yes if Ugo thinks it's predominantely a Blues thing, then he's as clueless as most.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
Ugo and Southgate were both excellent players, and after McGrath probably our best defenders of the last 20 years.  Both were better than either Mellberg or Laursen in my opinion.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
Ugo and Southgate were both excellent players, and after McGrath probably our best defenders of the last 20 years.  Both were better than either Mellberg or Laursen in my opinion.

I'd disagree with that. 

Ugo was a big strong stopper without much class about his play, so is the equivalent of Collins for me, but probably a bit better.  I'd say there's very little between Southgate and Mellberg.  But Laursen is the best we've had since McGrath.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
Southgate was a quality player, and I don't really hold any animosity towards him.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
Southgate was a quality player, and I don't really hold any animosity towards him.

As I recall, he handed in the transfer request due to interest from Chelsea, which never went any further and left him with Boro as his best offer.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »

I'd disagree with that. 

Ugo was a big strong stopper without much class about his play, so is the equivalent of Collins for me, but probably a bit better.  I'd say there's very little between Southgate and Mellberg.  But Laursen is the best we've had since McGrath.

Would agree with that and we saw Laursen after he had some pretty serious injuries. 

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »
I wouldn't want Ugo, he has no experience. I'd rather we had someone who knew how to handle the players.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
Southgate's being groomed for an FA post as the love child of Trevor Brooking, so there is no chance of him coming to VP.

We went down, I'd to a KMac/Cowans axis of ball playing football.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal