collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Warnock's trying to make himself even less popular...  (Read 11936 times)

Offline James

Re: Warnock's trying to make himself even less popular...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »
Warnock is also deflecting the heat off the youngsters with this, so fair play to him.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »
The cynic in me says Warnock has more reason than many to defend our current manager, given that Houllier had frozen him out of the first team.

Offline James

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »
He's not really defending McLeech though, just speaking the truth!

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »
Warnock's Mr April in the calendar - along with Habib Beye

That about sums up my feeling on the season.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
He's right to an extent.  The penalty was a bad error by Cuellar.

However the build up to the goal came from a flick on by Davies which we'd had 3-4 warnings about before that and he'd done nothing to try to stifle that supply line.

After the penalty anyone with eyes could see our players heads were down, a quick sub before we kicked off whilst a couple of the seniors got the team refocused should've happened.

I'm not saying he can stop errors but his failure to adjust to changes in the game or react with calm positivity to setbacks creates an environment where errors occur.  On top of that the game plan of scoring one and keeping it tight at the back means those errors are much more damaging than if we were always a threat at the other end.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:49:04 PM »
Warnock despite his errors has always shown commitment to the cause. When you see some of the insepid performances of some it makes you wonder if they really give a shit and I'd include Gabby in that who despite being 'one of us' barely breaks sweat!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 01:51:13 AM »
I've some grudging respect for Warnock, he's had a bad season but he hasn't hid and he's showed a lot of fight.

I said the same last night. He might be shit, but at least he's been up for the fight.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
I agree with Warnock, he is putting responsibility on the senior players in the squad and despite having a shocking start to the season, I thought he was excellent against Bolton.
He never shirks a tackle and he can be criticised for ability perhaps but never for effort.
We need 11 like him for the next three games.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
Absolutely nothing wrong with what Warnock said.  The players are to blame for the loss for conceeding a sloppy penalty and then falling asleep for the 2nd bolton goal.  Im sorry but we should have been up 3-0 at half time with the game dead and buried.  Still hate mcleish though and his substitutions baffled me once again.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
I agree with what Warnock says and good on him for coming out and trying to rally the experienced payers and take some of the flak off the youngsters. He played ok in midfield and I would leave him there on Saturday.

As for Cuellar, I can't remember him having such a bad game for Villa. At fault for both goals (watch the replay of the second and see the way he lets N'gog just drift away from him in the box and ends up marking noyhing). His distribution was even more piss poor than usual. He shouldn't have had his hair cut as it's made him turn really shit.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
He's bound to stick up for the manager, because he's hardly going to be calling for the manager to be sacked is he?  To me his comments are fine, he scored one and was unlucky not to have another on Tuesday.  Let's hope he pops up with one on Saturday.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
I also forgot to add that I think Warnock looks like a better midfielder than he does as left back.  Id be happy keeping him there for the remainder of the season as he is putting him self about winning headers and tackles.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Warnock was Ok against Bolton. Could have scored twice.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
I've some grudging respect for Warnock, he's had a bad season but he hasn't hid and he's showed a lot of fight.
Agreed.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
The cynic in me says Warnock has more reason than many to defend our current manager, given that Houllier had frozen him out of the first team.

Warnock has a lot to thank McLeish for, given his dreadful form earlier in the season, McLeish has babysat his recovery to something near semi-decent. Can't fault Warnock's commitment, neither his comments, the experienced players need to stand up and be counted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal