collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much stick did you get today?  (Read 9909 times)

Offline levico

Re: How much stick did you get today?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
I work for a national company so colleagues are fans of diverse clubs including spuds, arsenal, derby, Chelsea, manure etc. Nobody giving me grief but they streaking upbto the fact that we are really in the mire. I think it will be a big shock to people outside of the area when we go down.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 10:07:33 PM »
The worst for me starts tomorrow when I attend my first auction sale.   Auctioneers all think they are Ken Dodd and work on the assumption that a funny auctioneer sells better.   I give as good as I take but they are on a rostrum with a microphone.   I get very shouty and swear a lot.   It's a bit like bear baiting.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
I work in Rowley Regis, a hotbed of Ollbeyun bastards. "Wim lukkin forwad ta rubbin yowa noziz in it we yam" I heard at least 3 times before 9am. Next was a Bluenose who merely sniggered.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
The whole of my old department singing "going down..." as I left work today,hilarious.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »

There are two things that are going to/will back come back to haunt me. In the Aston Social after last seasons Liverpool Game the whole concert room sang cheer up Alec Mcleish oh what can it mean, and as a group we all sent the same text message to a Blues mate of ours (it was a private joke) oh how we laughed.   

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »
I live in Canada so thankfully not much flack yet, I work in the football industry though so I know it is coming, even an MLS supporter felt sorry for me... that sums it up for me!

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »
Had 'we'll meet again' sung to me yesterday at a client meeting, and a Bluenose mate I was picking something up from asked me to stop longer and 'talk about relegation' with much mirth.
More stick will be arriving later when I go to the gym from Plastic Mancs and Plastic Scousers.
Thanks Villa.

Offline 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
I'm always astonished at the interest in the Villa from my Albion and Blues mates. Towards the end of last season I was genuinely totally unaware of the points needed to finish above Albion yet it seems to mean so much to them this season. The phone messages when they beat us last season too - pitiful.
I just remind them that I've seen it all before in the late 60's and early 70's and that within ten years we'd been crowned Champions of England and Europe after winning the Third Division and a couple of League Cups.
I'd take the rollercoaster ride I've had going down the Villa since I was a kid to their lifetime of underachievement and mediocrity.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:35 AM »
No piss taking only pity, which in a way is more annoying. Are we that bad that people pity us now for being Villa fans???

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »

Surrounded by fans of Orient, Mansfield, Chester City and the like.  They all understand the hurt and hope of football, so no stick at all, more a welcome to our world attitude.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
My boss said "if you lose this weekend are you down?".

"piss off" was my cultured reply.

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
Leeds fans have been giving me stick. I mean come on!

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Stayed at home and kept off here so got none. I have horrible recollections of singing 'We'll meet again' at Norwich and also, I think, against Albion.
Just hope they don't have cause to dish it back.
Baggies will, along with, going down with the wanky and going down my lord
We gave it, were gunna have to take it

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
A blue nose started to come over to me yesterday, saw my face and thought otherwise.
I have noticed a lot of groups of people whispering to each other and they suddenly go quiet when I walk past.
There seem to be flurries of emails going round that I am not included on.
Nobody looks directly at me.
When I came in this morning there was a group of five people looking at a website laughing. They suddenly stopped then went quiet and dispersed as I walked in.
I'm just hoping that no-one has found out that the episode of Embarrassing Bodies when I showed my malformed, diseased cock to Doctor Christian was transmitted on Tuesday night.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 03:07:53 PM »
My screensaver was changed overnight large caps all over the screen reading GOING DOWN.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal