collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why we should all hope that Aston Villa get relegated...  (Read 10883 times)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Why we should all hope that Aston Villa get relegated...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »
Who ever wrote that is a ******.  The Owner and Manager deserve to go down but we don't.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »
Good piece that

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
We have all had the discussions about relegation being the price to pay to get rid of McLeish but now it is a possibilty the thought is horrendous.

Can't see how I can disagree with most of that.

Other fans pity us - I would rather have them hate us!

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
Who ever wrote that is a c***.  The Owner and Manager deserve to go down but we don't.
Did you even read the article ?
I think it's spot on and the letter that follows as a reply from 'danceoftheshamen'sums up what I feel exactly.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
Good article.Please Mr Lerner read it and take note!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »
I especially like this bit and it should make Randy feel ashamed
:-

If Randy Lerner succeeds with this type of scaling back, then it creates a template for other sides in the leage – ie. you don’t have to compete, you just to exist and pick up the cheque. It’s an insult to the fans and to the game, because it’s first and foremost a spectator sport – but yet, Villa are behaving like a bankruptcy-threatened company. It’s Randy Lerner’s obligation to put a team on the pitch who do justice to the fans that pay their wages, not to just ‘do the best we can with what we’ve got’. This is a proud football club with a great set of fans and a famous stadium, and between them, Lerner and McLeish are turning it into a laughing-stock.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:42:15 PM by ZoggyAlways »

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
Says this article...
http://thepremierleagueowl.com/2012/04/25/why-we-should-all-hope-that-aston-villa-get-relegated/?

Good. It's a pity it's taken so long for McLeish to feel the heat. If we'd got rid a few months back the support would have united for the run in.

In the summer, Randy needs to have a good hard look at himself in the mirror. Things were better in the dying days of Ellis. Will Randy rectify the situation?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 04:45:13 PM »
Says this article...
http://thepremierleagueowl.com/2012/04/25/why-we-should-all-hope-that-aston-villa-get-relegated/?

Good. It's a pity it's taken so long for McLeish to feel the heat. If we'd got rid a few months back the support would have united for the run in.

In the summer, Randy needs to have a good hard look at himself in the mirror. Things were better in the dying days of Ellis. Will Randy rectify the situation?

I don't think he has the vison to rectify it. To quote Private Frazer "Were dooomed!"

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
The article from The Guardian in another thread (I think it is the McLeish one) is spot on.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
Who ever wrote that is a c***.  The Owner and Manager deserve to go down but we don't.
I think it's spot on and the letter that follows as a reply from 'danceoftheshamen'sums up what I feel exactly.
Did you read my reply?

Offline danlanza

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »
Did you read my reply?
Idid and you are correct.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »
Why?

Which fans do 'deserve' to go down? I can't see why one set of supporters would deserve their team get relegated any more or less than any other.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:18 PM »
I don't agree with this article.

The fact is that Lerner has invested too much money, and has very little to show for it. He has invested unsustainably, and I don't have any problem with him scaling this back. However, to be successful on a modest budget you need a strategy, and you need talented people making the decisions. I think Lerner has ambition, but just doesn't have a clue how to go about achieving it.

The analogy of 'a hotel shutting down for the winter and putting a skeleton staff in charge' doesn't fit with McLeish being the 20th highest paid manager is World football, and BCFC being well compensated for him being taken off there hands. Despite what everyone else was saying at the time, Lerner thought he was getting the right man for the job. He was wrong.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:57:04 PM by FatSam »

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
The reply was particularly accurate in putting into words how I feel. The frustrations of 'nearly' have lay dormant but are now raw and very real. Just want our club run by people who care.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal