collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reasons To Be Cheerful  (Read 12271 times)

Offline Tom Sawyer

Re: Positives from the season
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:56 AM »
The kids really. If, and i mean if, we went down, I think it would be great experience for them to play in the Championship and grow together as a team. I think they'd take us straight back up and have bags more experience to boot.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Positives from the season
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
The season will eventually end, that is a positive for me.

Offline Billy Walker

Re: Reasons To Be Cheerful
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
As others have said, the big positive for me is the youngsters coming through.  Sometimes this season we have finished games with up to four lads in the 19/20 years age bracket on the pitch.  It's been an incredible baptism of fire for them (and the other slightly older lads) which should hopefully do us all the power of good in the long run.  We need five or six quality signings in the 23-27years age bracket in order to supplement the squad and build a real team around them.

Another positive for me is that Lerner was there to witness an angry, frustrated Villa Park the other night.  I hope he has been thinking and reflecting since then.

Offline RunRickyRun

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 10:53:12 AM »
£295 season tickets.

Offline basavfc

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
If we go down, the ground will contain people who actually care about the club, and not just the johnny-come-lately's who came for the O'Neil and European ride.
HERE HERE

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »
                                   Siegrist
                 Lichaj           Clark          Baker

Albrighton  Gardner        Herd       Bannan      Delph

Weimann            Agbonlahor

That's worth paying for.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
I do feel the clouds are not far from lifting. As crap as it has been I'm starting to look forward to the summer. We've inched a bit closer to safety, QPR are getting battered and hopefully Blackburn take a kicking from Spurs later. All this after what has been another consistently shit week with the silver lining of the board statement, the manager not being able to find his way through a dugout, sounding like a confused and broken man lead me to believe the end is nigh.

I just pray that once he has gone, that the board take a really hard look at what the future should look like. The past two years have littered with errors, embarassments and lost opportunities. But Newcastle have shown that it is possible in relatively quick order to get things straightened again. They went down to get their house in order. We can do the same without the humiliation of relegation. It is possible with a plan and some foresight. I hope our board have what it takes to do that.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »
I do feel the clouds are not far from lifting. As crap as it has been I'm starting to look forward to the summer. We've inched a bit closer to safety, QPR are getting battered and hopefully Blackburn take a kicking from Spurs later. All this after what has been another consistently shit week with the silver lining of the board statement, the manager not being able to find his way through a dugout, sounding like a confused and broken man lead me to believe the end is nigh.

I just pray that once he has gone, that the board take a really hard look at what the future should look like. The past two years have littered with errors, embarassments and lost opportunities. But Newcastle have shown that it is possible in relatively quick order to get things straightened again. They went down to get their house in order. We can do the same without the humiliation of relegation. It is possible with a plan and some foresight. I hope our board have what it takes to do that.
And so say all of us.Great stuff.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »
Like most have said the kids have been one of the few bright spots this season. Robbie Keane's cameo. The immaculate pitch (mind you there's not a lot of football been played on it).
The lads I "sit" with in L1, who have never wavered in their whole hearted vocal support for the team no matter how bad things have been.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 07:22:29 PM »
Last home game, and that, i think, speaks for itself.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
The season will eventually end, that is a positive for me.

This and the kids will come good, oh and the season is almost over.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
Soon the board will be looking for a new manager for the third time since RL took over.  I believe in third time lucky!

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
The club have posted the following and I am sure it mean that they will sack the manager then come forward with a new date once the new man is in place

Villa's supporter help evening, scheduled for May 15, has been postponed.

The fan drop-in event, organised to help fans understand the season ticket package, financial options and availability, will now take place later in the summer, details and arrangements to be confirmed in due course.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »
For those that missed it, the Official Site for a short while were linking all #AVFC posts from Twitter.  This of course led to the OS being full of anti-McLeish swearyness.  Fantastic!

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
Darren Bent is staying!  Confirmed in his own tweet!  Hurray!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal