collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:40:16 AM]

Snooker by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:23:15 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:12:02 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone see Randy last night?  (Read 18167 times)

Offline oldham_villa

Re: Anyone see Randy last night?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
In addition to that pic, check out some of the others - some excellent old pictures of the stadium/ players in there (they aren't mine btw)

Nick

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 02:16:35 PM »
At the risk of upsetting site rules, the 3 of them are cretins of the highest order.

A conversation between them must be like a scene from the Teletubbies.

That's an insult to the Teletubbies!

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 02:17:18 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.

He has done some good, that's a fair point. The training ground, which he totally revamped, is an example of him doing some good work.

The problem is that, on the front that matters more than anything, ie what is on the pitch, he's managed to show some truly awful management, and that is ultimately what he will be judged on.

It's hard not to look at what we see on the pitch now, and our financial situation, and not conclude that we're pretty much exactly where we were when Lerner arrived, except in far more debt than we were at that time.

Agree very much again with you Paulie. Always on the money

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »
How much per year has Randy took out of the club?

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.
Bang on.  How much is the debt roughly now?

He has done some good, that's a fair point. The training ground, which he totally revamped, is an example of him doing some good work.

The problem is that, on the front that matters more than anything, ie what is on the pitch, he's managed to show some truly awful management, and that is ultimately what he will be judged on.

It's hard not to look at what we see on the pitch now, and our financial situation, and not conclude that we're pretty much exactly where we were when Lerner arrived, except in far more debt than we were at that time.

Agree very much again with you Paulie. Always on the money

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 02:22:30 PM »
As he's so skint know I bet he feels a bit of a prick looking back at his old newspaper clippings..........

http://bbc.in/h1cWR9

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
As he's so skint know I bet he feels a bit of a prick looking back at his old newspaper clippings..........

He could have used that money to sack the manager.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

He could have used that money to sack the manager.

Or to hire Mick McCarthy...

Offline danlanza

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
The National Portrait f..kin Gallery.Obviously very close to his heart!!C..t!

Offline forzavilla

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »
ok,lets have this right shall we ?

Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa for a knockdown price,threw a bit of his cash at it in the hope of blinding people into thinking that it was the start of something dramatic and when his "5 year plan" went tits up,started to asset strip like crazy and try to recoup his outlay by getting the playing squad down which meant less money being paid out in wages
Darren Bent was bought with the Milner money,the Young and Downing money has gone where ?
So what if we have a state of the art training facility ?,i'm sure the journey men and kids who will be the playing squad WHEN we get relegated will be really appreciative of the depth of the team bath and extra soft physio tables when were dragging our arses around the likes of Barnsley,Millwall,and Brighton next season
Randy Lerner,Faulkner,The General have pillaged ASTON VILLA on the back of a new Holte pub,some free scarves,and hoped nobody would noticed,well a few of the more switched on Villa supporters knew what your game was from the start and now the descenting voices are more than just a few your hiding away like scared little school girls,they are a disgrace and need hounding out the club

Offline danlanza

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »
ok,lets have this right shall we ?

Randy Lerner bought Aston Villa for a knockdown price,threw a bit of his cash at it in the hope of blinding people into thinking that it was the start of something dramatic and when his "5 year plan" went tits up,started to asset strip like crazy and try to recoup his outlay by getting the playing squad down which meant less money being paid out in wages
Darren Bent was bought with the Milner money,the Young and Downing money has gone where ?
So what if we have a state of the art training facility ?,i'm sure the journey men and kids who will be the playing squad WHEN we get relegated will be really appreciative of the depth of the team bath and extra soft physio tables when were dragging our arses around the likes of Barnsley,Millwall,and Brighton next season
Randy Lerner,Faulkner,The General have pillaged ASTON VILLA on the back of a new Holte pub,some free scarves,and hoped nobody would noticed,well a few of the more switched on Villa supporters knew what your game was from the start and now the descenting voices are more than just a few your hiding away like scared little school girls,they are a disgrace and need hounding out the club
Now that is properly ON THE MONEY!Couldn't agree more.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 02:52:47 PM »
'Hounding out the owner' when there's noone else to buy the club doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
McUseless still being manager doesn't make much sense!Where has all the "sense" gone?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
I agree on that,  he has to go. But the owner is going nowhere, so we have to rely on him to come to his senses. I shalln't be holding my breath.

Offline Dr.Feelgood

• 45 Years a Villa Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 02:59:38 PM »

I (for one, there may be others) would like a refund...
(Americans understand a legal compensation culture)

I was (mis) Sold :  " Proud History - Bright Future..."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal