collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone see Randy last night?  (Read 18107 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Anyone see Randy last night?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
I'm not comfortable with this anti Lerner stuff.Admittedly his two managerial appointments have been well, cack, but he has done a helluva lot of good for the club.

He's done a helluva lot more bad, unless you think that free scarves are the be all and end all.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »

He has done some good, that's a fair point. The training ground, which he totally revamped, is an example of him doing some good work.

The problem is that, on the front that matters more than anything, ie what is on the pitch, he's managed to show some truly awful management, and that is ultimately what he will be judged on.

It's hard not to look at what we see on the pitch now, and our financial situation, and not conclude that we're pretty much exactly where we were when Lerner arrived, except in far more debt than we were at that time.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »
It shows all the good he has done , he makes one bad decision and does not listen to the fans and this happens.

I loved Randy , but now he is starting to piss me off.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 01:19:56 PM »
Great new training ground and............................?

Offline NeilH

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »

I'm not anti-Lerner and I agree that he has done a lot of good, but he has to show a bit of backbone here and at least make his presence known at the club instead of letting Faulkner run the show.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »

He's done a helluva lot more bad, unless you think that free scarves are the be all and end all.

Come off it.It hasn't been that long ago he's handed over a record fee for Bent, seen villa Park nigh on full nearly every home game and we were actually looking to challenge for honours.He got it wrong with Houllier and went completely barmy giving McLeish the job but he has pumped a lot of cash into the club and given us the best seasons we've seen since Little's reign, best part of 15yrs ago.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »

Apart from invested more than any other Villa oner.The highest spending club 4 years ago, including Ure Chelsk and Lplop, and he has done more harm than good?........some people need to get a grip.

McL was always a controversial appointment, and it has failed.If he cares then McL will be gone in the summer, if he has had enough, then McL will be here i think.

RL deserves a bit more respect/loyalty.

Offline glasses

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
He has loaned that money into the club. Randy Lerner is a creditor

Offline TonyD

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 01:29:09 PM »
Jesus wept

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »

Apart from invested more than any other Villa oner.The highest spending club 4 years ago, including Ure Chelsk and Lplop, and he has done more harm than good?........some people need to get a grip.

It's not quite that simple, though, because it turns out that that spending was seriously risking the financial future of the club.

It's hard to draw up a balance sheet of what he's done, and then look at the league and the direction we're heading, and not conclude that the things he got wrong, he got very wrong indeed.

Even after a poor season last year, if you'd been told 12 months ago that in a year we'd be in the situation we are in now, you would've struggled to convince people.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
The thing is Lerner DID do a lot of good for the club. Unfortunately his running of the club over the last couple of years has been so negligent that the previous good is being obliterated by all the bad.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 01:50:57 PM »

He owns the club though.He will only get his money back if he sells the club at a profit.

Abramovich has loaned the money to Chelsk as well, as has the MCiteeh bloke.It is  alove affair, whereas the owners of Lplop and Ure is all about business.

The only way Randy will get ALL his money back, is if he sells the club for a profit.Now if that was his motivation for all the investment, then good luck to him, but for me it was a bit more than that.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
I wonder if RL will ask for any assistance;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47036391@N00/4695304279/in/photostream/

Nick

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal