collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: welcome to the dogfight  (Read 6046 times)

Offline flatfoot

welcome to the dogfight
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
QPR fan in peace.

Just wanted to welcome you to the wrong end of the table - it's madness down here. Wins against Man Utd, losses to West Brom. No way of predicting who's going down week in week out.

Which brings us to you. Welcome. I reckon you need at least one point, maybe as much as four - any thoughts where they are going to come from?

Offline Jimbo

Re: welcome to the dogfight
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:45:20 AM »
Welcome. I reckon you need at least one point, maybe as much as four - any thoughts where they are going to come from?

The Bolton game.

Oh.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »
Easy.  McDoom pinpointed our problem last night -  Davies came on and improved them second half.

So Bolton were only inept for 45 minutes.   To win, we need the opposition to be inept for 90!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:07 AM »
No, none whatsoever, we're dire.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
Welcome to you too.

Our problem is we are in a bit of a free fall. We are a great team when it comes to draws, so as long as everyone else below us stops winning I'm sure we will have one more draw before the end and we will be safe.
There is a very big but in there, for the last few weeks, your lot, Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn do look like they have it in them to fight their way out of this.

Worrying.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
We'll beat West Brom.
And you'll all wonder what all the panic was about.

Night shifts often make me slightly delerious in the morning.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 06:53:32 AM »
At this moment in time, no.If we stay up it'll be due to Wolves plus two others failing to amass points, not what we do for ourselves in the remaining fixtures.Blues were looking safe last season then lost at home to Fulham, for that read our game last night.If we do drop then no excuses about injuries, we were doing ok on the injury front until February.Fact is that the squad have massively underperformed under the stewardship of a manager who was deeply unpopular before he'd even started and without the backing of the fans was never going to succeed. The players should as a group be thoroughly ashamed of what they've produced this season.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
We don't have the stomach or the bottle for a dogfight.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »
a manager who was deeply unpopular before he'd even started and without the backing of the fans was never going to succeed.

Disagree there,

1) He could easily have succeded if he'd learned the lessons from last year and not been such a cautious surrender monkey; he's bought alot of this on himself.

2) He's actually got away with it very lightly to this point.  Being ex-Blues meant I wanted him to succeed even more as it would piss the rags off someting rotten.  It took until the 86th minute in the penultimate home match for the crowd to finally turn on him - that's patience personified imo.  4 wins at home in a season is the worst home record in 138 friggin years!!

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 07:03:47 AM »
We don't have the stomach or the bottle for a dogfight.

And with the Albion away this weekend as well. In all of the time i've followed the Villa (since '88) I have never felt so resigned to defeat.Where's the inspiration? With three games to go i know  there'd be an argument that changing the manager would be foolish but i honestly believe that an announcement today of MacDonald taking over until the end of the season would lift the club and actually get the fans behind the players.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 07:09:41 AM »
a manager who was deeply unpopular before he'd even started and without the backing of the fans was never going to succeed.

Disagree there,

1) He could easily have succeded if he'd learned the lessons from last year and not been such a cautious surrender monkey; he's bought alot of this on himself.

2) He's actually got away with it very lightly to this point.  Being ex-Blues meant I wanted him to succeed even more as it would piss the rags off someting rotten.  It took until the 86th minute in the penultimate home match for the crowd to finally turn on him - that's patience personified imo.  4 wins at home in a season is the worst home record in 138 friggin years!!

Indeed. Don't believe the media hype. Despite the initial protests, McUselesswellingtonbootfullofsteaminggorillashit had the majority of Villans behind him from the start. We had an incredibly easy set of fixtures at the beginning, which he failed to take advantage of. Then he failed some more, and only now, when the failure has reached an all-time peak, is he getting the wholesale stick he richly deserves. Can you imagine this kind of patience at any other club of our standing?

And just in case our QPR friend was under any media-spun illusions, we don't dislike him because he came from Birmingham City. We dislike him because he's shit. A proven relegation artist. A disaster.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 07:11:57 AM »

Disagree there,

For me it's given the players an excuse to hide.Whoever took the job in the summer was going to have a tough job with a rebuilding task required.McLeish also had the added extra of being unwanted by a lot of fans.I was never bothered that he'd come from Blues, the fact he'd taken the Blues down when he had enough there to stay up was my concern.He was never going to succeed and the way he's approached games he's done himself no favours.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »
Dog fights ? Mcleish doesn't do dogfights Good luck next season in the Premier League We will not be there

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 07:34:35 AM »
As Zoggy says it won't be a dogfight for Villa.
We will roll over and have our bellies tickled yet again.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »
For your club and others down  there  you can have no better man  than McLeish on the other side. This man has proven behind doubt that when the going gets tough...he hasnt got a clue. Proved it twice with Small Heath now it's our turn.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal