collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Spurs Game  (Read 7651 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: The Spurs Game
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »
Think how much lighter the atmosphere will be if we pull off a miracle and pinch three points at the Tescobags this weekend.

I know we are rubbish and I wouldn't fancy us against a lot of Championship let alone Premiership teams at the moment, but I can't quite understand why everyone is talking up the Albion so much.  They've picked up some decent results lately (though they got battered at Anfield and somehow managed to win), but it will hardly be a "miracle" if we win there.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 12:45:01 AM »
Think how much lighter the atmosphere will be if we pull off a miracle and pinch three points at the Tescobags this weekend.

I know we are rubbish and I wouldn't fancy us against a lot of Championship let alone Premiership teams at the moment, but I can't quite understand why everyone is talking up the Albion so much.  They've picked up some decent results lately (though they got battered at Anfield and somehow managed to win), but it will hardly be a "miracle" if we win there.

It won't be far off considering the current malaise we're in. It'll be a tough game and I wish I could make it down there.

Offline myf

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:44 AM »
If they are going to sack him would make sense to do it straight after albion. would give kmac a week with the players and would build the atmosphere for the last home game. spurs play Sunday and next wed as well so will be tired and is therefore prob best chance of 3 points

Offline adamski villa

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 07:25:04 AM »
Hear Hear. I fully agree. Time to galvanise. Survival is now at stake. It does not matter who is in the dug-out, Aston Villa are on the pitch.

Thankyou.

We've been waiting for the players to give us something to sing about. We need to give them something to play for.

this !

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
Hear Hear. I fully agree. Time to galvanise. Survival is now at stake. It does not matter who is in the dug-out, Aston Villa are on the pitch.

Thankyou.

We've been waiting for the players to give us something to sing about. We need to give them something to play for.

this !

Hmm. how about 30 odd thousand standing in the rain, singing for the team on a wet tuesday night all knowing there is no chance of seeing anything close to decent football but still turning up and paying 25-30quid for the priveledge. Dont believe the hype, they have something to play for and untill the 86th minute we were completely behind them.

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 01:30:28 PM »
Because I'm mental, I've already bought my ticket to the Spurs game. Hopefully I won't be sat next to a miseryarse again.

Solidarity in the face of adversity.
It will be quite an acheivment to avoid a miseryarse if we lose on Satyrday. Hopefully a derby will perk us up and relieve some pressure by then

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
God helps us If we are 2 down by Half time .

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
I'm going to go to this ..could be a while before I see Premier League football at VP again.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »

I never thought a win at West Brom would be considered a miracle. Christ.

Offline planet9

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »
villa were ok against sunderland we just dont create enough chances but, we matched sunderland for effort
against bolton it should have been over at half time  it was like the alamo
so based on the positives from those two games  i think we will get  the 2 points i think we need.
but if we do stay up ,,we will drop next year without a doubt because staying up we be deemed a success by the owners which means the current manager may end up staying   if staying up means keeping  mcliesh i would rather us drop, regroup win promotion and consign the whole experience to the back of the history book like man city and newcastle have done 
the writing has been on the wall now for two years so we should not be surprised we are in this predicament
villa have been mismanaged from the top down and now we may well have to pay the price

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 03:19:10 PM »

I never thought a win at West Brom would be considered a miracle. Christ.

It's not right is it?

Offline Rob92

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »

Thankyou.

this !

Hmm. how about 30 odd thousand standing in the rain, singing for the team on a wet tuesday night all knowing there is no chance of seeing anything close to decent football but still turning up and paying 25-30quid for the priveledge. Dont believe the hype, they have something to play for and untill the 86th minute we were completely behind them.

Yep and I've just seen Richard Dunne on SSN saying how the fans aren't helping when the young players get booed.... In my experiences the fans have been very supportive of the team, it's the manager that's getting stick. To be honest McLeish has got off lightly and I'm amazed it's taken this long for things to come to a head.

I'm also going up to the Spurs game, after last night's result it's a must win game and I simply have to be there.

Offline bones.

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »
I hate this misconception that the youngsters are getting booed, they got great backing from the crowd last night even when we went 2-1 down, I think everybody appreciates the effort their putting in. Theres only one person who was getting stick last night, it must be obvious to everyone who it was and he wasnt on the pitch. When players follow their managers lead and come out with this rubbish it can do nothing but knock the kids confidence, its so frustrating because its doing more harm than good and its all bollocks. Some people cant help but twist the truth to suit themselves ,either that or their very misguided, or perhaps just plain thick.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »
Dunne isn`t the sharpest pencil in the box though is he? The kids are giving their all and are in the main being supported by the fans - on the other hand the experienced players are deserving of some flak - and that includes the likes of Warnock (who I thought played well last night, as did Heskey), N`Zogbia, Hutton and even Given.

To concede some 30 seconds after going one up is totally amateurish and deserves crticism no matter how experienced the players are.,
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:40:44 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
I'm going to this -with my son - it's his 14th Birthday. I just hope it a descent game and a good atmosphere.

However I feel it will be tense and will be interesting to see the after game parade by the players +/- manager!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal