collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Shay Given admits Villa have underachieved  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Shay Given admits Villa have underachieved
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »
"let’s get ourselves out if it..........can’t rely on other people...........do the job ourselves...........we want to win.............do the business............table never lies ...........take positives................."

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shut the fuck up! Your paid thousands of pounds every week to play in goal, so just go and stand between those two sticks and keep a clean sheet against Bolton, theres plenty of us here who ( at the end of the day ) can do the cliches for free !   

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
It would be nice to get at least one in the onion bag at the other end of the pitch.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
Villa under-achieving this season!! No shit Sherlock!! More evidence of you trying to put it right on the pitch, less talking about it.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
"let’s get ourselves out if it..........can’t rely on other people...........do the job ourselves...........we want to win.............do the business............table never lies ...........take positives................."

Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shut the fuck up! Your paid thousands of pounds every week to play in goal, so just go and stand between those two sticks and keep a clean sheet against Bolton, theres plenty of us here who ( at the end of the day ) can do the cliches for free !   

at the end of the day it is a funny old game and at this moment in time we have to accept that they will give 110 % in their confident dressing room and are all pulling together in this marathon not a sprint  :P

Offline danlanza

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

at the end of the day it is a funny old game and at this moment in time we have to accept that they will give 110 % in their confident dressing room and are all pulling together in this marathon not a sprint  :P
More cliches.Just do the job and we will back you to the hilt!!

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
There may be a lot of cliches in there but at least he acknowledges we are where we deserve to be.

I'd much rather read a bit of honesty than have someone blowing smoke up my arse and telling me how we're still looking up not down and if we get 34 points from the last 5 games we can still make the Top 6!

Okay a slight exaggeration but you take my point...

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »
"With our fans tremendous support and the players giving 110 per cent effort I am sure we will achieve the right result"
Wording probably slightly wrong but there you go. 

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 10:09:25 PM »
There may be a lot of cliches in there but at least he acknowledges we are where we deserve to be.

I'd much rather read a bit of honesty than have someone blowing smoke up my arse and telling me how we're still looking up not down and if we get 34 points from the last 5 games we can still make the Top 6!

Okay a slight exaggeration but you take my point...

how about shay says " the manager sets us up not to lose primarily and not really have a go anything else we get is a bonus. It doesnt really inspire us to express ourselves and give us any confidence to improve. It is a bit dissapointing really
, I hope he goes soon bejesus "

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »
Actions speak louder than words, now do it on the pitch.

To be fair, you can' really blame Given for where we are - he's been one of the very few success stories from this season.

I read this as him getting frustrated by the standard of the rest of the team - manager included.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »
Actions speak louder than words, now do it on the pitch.

To be fair, you can' really blame Given for where we are - he's been one of the very few success stories from this season.

I read this as him getting frustrated by the standard of the rest of the team - manager included.
The defence has been really poor and we can't score a goal.
When you look at the squad we should be doing a lot better. He thought he was joining a club with some sense of ambition/desire to rebuild and we've all seen that diminish rapidly this season. He probably wishes he'd gone elsewhere where they try to play football and win games.

Offline Sleeuwenhoek

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »
When you look at the squad why should we be doing better? With Bent injured who can score goals for us and who in that squad would you honestly pay to go and watch expecting some sort of entertainment??

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »
When you look at the squad why should we be doing better? With Bent injured who can score goals for us and who in that squad would you honestly pay to go and watch expecting some sort of entertainment??

Young carruthers for one.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
I like Shay, despite him being allergic to leaving his goal line, but giving him a five year deal was very generous. I was really impressed when Guzan filled in for him this season.

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 08:18:29 AM »
He missed out, when we go on the pitch "the gaffer" reminds us what we need to do "you are paid to entertain boys" and forget about the oposition because they have "another agenda"

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »
I wish the Villa players were media shy. They should just shut up and do what they've got to do. They have nothing to say of interest that we don't already know. It feels that if they admit they f......d up, that they will be forgiven and it[s all okay.
If we get relegated the manager and the more experienced senior players should be sacked, sold, regardless that we may need them to get promotion. I would rather start from the same place that Swansea or Norwich started from than have these people around the Villa. As a Villa fan I've learnt to be patient, what I can't abide is so called experienced players taking the piss.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal