collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 50% Villa Craig Gardner  (Read 16773 times)

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
50% Villa Craig Gardner
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
Im not sure if this has already been menrioned but I found it strange to seethe Trinity side of the ground giving sent off Gardner a huge applause.

I then read that he had removed his Sunderland shirt to display a 'Support Stan' T shirt.

For all of his misjudged comments and actions of late, you have to admit the young lad has shown massive respect and maturity in this instance.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21042012/8/photo/sunderland-craig-gardner-trudges-shown-red-card-removes.html

Offline myf

Re: 50% Villa Craig Gardner
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »
I think he was hoping to score and unveil it.  Fair play - better than Paul Tait version!

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:52:16 PM »
Im not sure if this has already been menrioned but I found it strange to seethe Trinity side of the ground giving sent off Gardner a huge applause.

I then read that he had removed his Sunderland shirt to display a 'Support Stan' T shirt.

For all of his misjudged comments and actions of late, you have to admit the young lad has shown massive respect and maturity in this instance.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21042012/8/photo/sunderland-craig-gardner-trudges-shown-red-card-removes.html
Thought it was a really nice gesture.He probably still feels very close to the club

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Empty seats ma' lord.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
Fair play to him.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »

Arse.  And I was in the Holte End chanting "Wanker"!  Was in totally the wrong angle to see what was on his shirt.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »

Arse.  And I was in the Holte End chanting "Wanker"!  Was in totally the wrong angle to see what was on his shirt.

Me too. Perhaps he should've turned around to show the Holte, or would that have made him look a bit more of a dick by trying to impress us with his top?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
Yeah on MOTD2 it cut to his brother on the bench clapping him (which I thought was just some good old brotherly support) but that all makes sense now (especially as he did have his top off but the MOTD2 camera only showed him from the back. A really nice gesture - to be fair. Gone up in my estimation (but to be fair the only way was up after his comments after his move) 

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
A Brummie kid, the brother of a lad we hope will become a huge star for us, and a Villa Academy graduate who only moved on to try and make a career for himself when his first team opportunities here became so limited. 
Good luck to the lad.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
Saw this from the north stand lower.  Fair play to him. 
Personally I have no real problem with Craig Gardner apart from the fact he said he was a villa fan then as soon as he went to blues, admitted he had been a blue nose all his life.  There would have been no issues had he always said he was a blues fan from day 1.

Online nigel

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »
I sit in the family stand and I, like nearly every one else in the area, applauded his action.
To be honest I wouldn't have booed him anyway.
I liked him when he was with us, and would welcome him back.

The bloke in front of me was calling him for everything, shouting that we changed our minds just because he was wearing a 'Stan' t-shirt!
The guy's an idiot anyway, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.
The family stand is no place for the filth coming from his mouth, there are children by us, and shouldn't be subjected to it. That's why we go there.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 03:18:30 PM »
I sit in the family stand and I, like nearly every one else in the area, applauded his action.
To be honest I wouldn't have booed him anyway.
I liked him when he was with us, and would welcome him back.

The bloke in front of me was calling him for everything, shouting that we changed our minds just because he was wearing a 'Stan' t-shirt!
The guy's an idiot anyway, so I shouldn't have been too surprised.
The family stand is no place for the filth coming from his mouth, there are children by us, and shouldn't be subjected to it. That's why we go there.

I blame BBC3 for showing "Family Guy".

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
Fucking hell. I couldn't run around for that long with 3 tops on.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »
He should have been booked for taking his shirt off.

What?

Oh.

Offline eastie

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »
Fair play to him, i wouldnt be adverse to swapping him for warnock in the summer- gardner has improved since he left and scores a few goals from midfield which we have lacked since milner left.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:27:40 PM by eastie »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal