collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we been in denial?  (Read 32844 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Have we been in denial?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 09:32:19 AM »
Stu. Dont have a hissy fit its his opinion and mine we have been sliding towards relegation for weeks. Its in the tital.. 'IN DENIAL'. Its not what we deserve as fans but we are the worst team in form apart from wolves.
But the" In denial " was not referring to whether we were in denial about getting relegated but whether Mcleish had a good enough squad to keep us up The OP can correct me if I'm wrong

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
Stu. Dont have a hissy fit its his opinion and mine we have been sliding towards relegation for weeks. Its in the tital.. 'IN DENIAL'. Its not what we deserve as fans but we are the worst team in form apart from wolves.

I'm not the one wishing relegation on the team. I'm not the one saying Villa belong in the Championship either. Who's having the hissy fit? We're six points clear of the relegation zone and the team we have to play on Tuesday night. Lets show our support

And don't patronise me, thanks.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
I think somebody should just start a thread called 'ASTON VILLA ARE SHIT!!!'. 90% of the posts on this forum could be lumped in there.

Yep. And I don't like the feeling of glee that seems to permeate each and every post wishing relegation on the team.

Offline SX150

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »
I think somebody should just start a thread called 'ASTON VILLA ARE SHIT!!!'. 90% of the posts on this forum could be lumped in there.

Yep. And I don't like the feeling of glee that seems to permeate each and every post wishing relegation on the team.
Aston Villa are steeped in history and tradition and one of the greats of English football. Currently we are a crap football team guided by a completely clueless idiot of a manager, no denying that.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »

Its not just on the forums......where I sit in Trinity block B there are people that just can't wait to start moaning every game...one bloke in particular....every time a pass goes astray or someone makes a genuine mistake he unleashes a torrent of abuse.   I turned round and stared at him yesterday and he asked me what I was looking at....I said that I was just checking to see that he was actually a Villa fan.

We have a role to play in supporting the players on the pitch regardless of what we think about the maanger or the chairman

I hope we can actually be the 12th man on Tuesday !!

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Shall I start a new thread. Are we in denial about getting relegated? McLeish has handled every aspect of the squad wrong. From Given on a 5 year contract to Hutton no better than Lichai or Herd at right back. Jenas who never plays more than 15 games a season. Nzogbia has been just plain shit! Add the fact he has managed on the whole to play most of the kids out of position. I think we were in denial that Steve McClaren would have been a worse choice.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »
I think the squad as it is now is easily the poorest in a generation. The full backs are sub standard, Albrighton is not a premier league player and neither is N'Zogbia who has no end product. The midfield is as weak as I've ever known. Heskey and Gabby are awful and couldn't buy a goal.

That said, with the players we has pre the injury epidemic were more than capable of being ten points better off. McLeish can only look to his negative agenda both tactically and mentally for why we are where we are.

Offline Hoppo

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
Whose wishing relegation on my team? Been down for that many years that relegation wouldnt stop me.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
We do not belong in the Championship.

This bloody manager and Grant do.
That's handy ;)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »
What's annoying me at the moment is this notion that most posters want us to do bad and want us to get relegated.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
There its an air of that, people seemingly enjoying our plight.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

Its not just on the forums......where I sit in Trinity block B there are people that just can't wait to start moaning every game...one bloke in particular....every time a pass goes astray or someone makes a genuine mistake he unleashes a torrent of abuse.   I turned round and stared at him yesterday and he asked me what I was looking at....I said that I was just checking to see that he was actually a Villa fan.

I sit in that block. About five of them behind me never stop moaning and never give any encouragement. We are going  'come on Villa!' and trying to give them some backing. That lot behind piss me off and I am glad we are moving next year. That said, I thought our crowd were almost Millwall-like at times yesterday, with some real hostility to the opposition and match officials. Long may it continue. When the chips are down, you get to the hardcore support.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
We are not in denial, quite the opposite.  I think we know more about the footballing side of things than our suppossed great leaders.

1) We know we have had injuries and we know these have been compounded by overly defensive tactics throughout the season. 
2) We know that we didn't want this Manager as many predicted that this would happen. 
3) We know Lerner has lost interest and just wants to recoup his investment and get in into a more salable asset for him.
4) We also know that most of us on here have more football knowledge than Randy and Faulkner put together.
5) We also know that this season cannot come to an end soon enough and if there was 42 league games played we'd probably be favourites to go down, as oppossed to just scraping through.
6) We know that in atleast 10 matches this season, we've as good as raised the white flag before the team bus has arrived and then seen our rivals gain points in those same fixtures.
7) We know that our last salable asset, Darren Bent will be gone in the Summer and replaced by a player of lower calibre with the money not being totally re-invested.
8) We know the plan, we just don't like it and if it's not this season, without changes, it'll be next.

I think that most posters on this site are extremely well informed and know exactly the situation.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:42 AM »
There its an air of that, people seemingly enjoying our plight.
Their names should be put in a list for future reference.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:42 AM »
Lerner was hoodwinked into believing our kids were akin to Man Utd's of the early to mid '90's, when in reality they're incredibly average. Selling your best players and replacing them with the youth team has been utterly disastrous. His choice of managers have been even worse. Lerner has the Midas touch in reverse.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal