collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The statistics of this season  (Read 20616 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
The statistics of this season
« on: April 21, 2012, 06:40:23 PM »
it's hard to fully describe how horrible this season has been, but how about the following for some really telling statistics.

Some stats on this season.

18 - goals scored at home

4 - league wins at home

1891 - the last time we won fewer matches at home (and we only played 11 home games that season)

Wolves - the 'list' of teams to win fewer games that us this season

Stoke - the "list" of teams with fewer shots on goal than us this season

Stoke, Swansea - the "list" of teams with fewer shots on target than us this season

Stoke - the "list" of teams with fewer successful passes than us this season.

Offline mikeb1982

Re: The statistics of this season
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
God that's depressing

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
Blackburn, Stoke - the "list" of teams with overall possession stats this season lower than Villa.

17 - the number of months since we scored from a corner in the league

1 - our longest win sequence in the league.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:47:09 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:45:22 PM »
it's hard to fully describe how horrible this season has been, but how about the following for some really telling statistics.

4 - league wins at home

1891 - the last time we won fewer matches at home (and we only played 11 home games that season)

Stoke, Swansea - the "list" of teams with fewer shots on target than us this season

Wrong on this one as well Paulie first you cant get the Bolton points tally correct then you mess up the stats on the 1891 season.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »
It's the gate numbers he should take particular pride in. 

Lower than DOL's final season.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »

4 - league wins at home

Wrong on this one as well Paulie first you cant get the Bolton points tally correct then you mess up the stats on the 1891 season.

You're right, in 1890-1 we won 5 home matches.

This season we've managed 4 thus far.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 06:49:39 PM »

4 - league wins at home

Paulie we won 9 matches at home in season 1891-1892 and we won 5 matches at home in season 1890 - 1891

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
We can post up the stats til we're blue in the face but Randy et al clearly could not give a crap They weren't bothered about the stats when they employed him , let's face it

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
Embarrassing is the word that sums it up. Also there's been no progression or sign that we're going to improve, we've actually got worse.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
We can post up the stats til we're blue in the face but Randy et al clearly could not give a crap They weren't bothered about the stats when they employed him , let's face it

I can't believe he can think the season's going ok when you see statistics like that.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
I have said it previously on here along with Wolves we are the worst team I have seen this season we are absolutely dreadful to watch.  If I wasn't a Villa fan I would want us to be relegated because we are atrocious.  The sooner that fucking moron pisses off the better.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:59:34 PM by Karlos96 »

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
I have said it previously on here along with Wolves were are the worst team I have seen this season we are absolutely dreadful to watch. If I wasn't a Villa fan I would want us to be relegated because we are atrocious.  The sooner that fucking moron pisses off the better.

That for me is the most damning thing, and it's something I have heard a lot of Villa fans saying.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 07:01:13 PM »

I can't believe he can think the season's going ok when you see statistics like that.
I am absolutely convinced they think he's doing a job.I'm also convinced we're going down.We are atrocious

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »

I am absolutely convinced they think he's doing a job.I'm also convinced we're going down,we are atrocious

I am far from convinced that we are going down, but I also think it is nowhere near as cut and dry as many think.

I agree entirely re them thinking he's doing a good job. He's doing a horrific job, as those statistics suggest.

Offline Vanilla

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »

I am absolutely convinced they think he's doing a job.I'm also convinced we're going down,we are atrocious

The fact the club approached him shows no one in the upper echelons of the club knows anything about football. As such, if he can talk the talk, the manager is probably convincing RL & PF that he is doing a good job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal