collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The difference  (Read 5312 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: The difference
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Well, I've said it before: if you draw all your games you get 38 points, if you win half and lose half you get 57 points. Risky attacking strategies which might result in more defeats are preferable and always will be while the rule is three points for a win.

Offline nigel

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
If it were two points for a win, where would we be in the table?
Just worked it out.
How sad is that?  :-[

We would be exactly where we are now.
The table doesn't change that much either. Everton would be the biggest loser by dropping 3 places with the 3 below going up 1 place. Wigan and QPR would change places and that's it.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 09:01:35 AM »
Well, I've said it before: if you draw all your games you get 38 points, if you win half and lose half you get 57 points. Risky attacking strategies which might result in more defeats are preferable and always will be while the rule is three points for a win.

Was the Scottish league slower to move to the three points for a win system?

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
You'd think in these days of equality, fair play, respect to match officials and having to treat away fans like fellow human beings, you'd get more points for a draw than for being so nasty as to try and beat your opponents (sorry, maybe opponents is too strong a word to use for the other team nowadays).
Three points for a draw, one for trying hard but losing and nothing for being a spoil sport.

Offline Gaztonniller

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
It is quite disheartening when you think that, had we won those 15 drawn games, we would still only be third today.

i do see yr point, but third place at this stageof the season would mean CL football on the cards, and i dont think anyone could find reason to complain about that prospect.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
The difference recently has been Bent missing - I reckon if available and the defence looking a bit more sound, plus a few more creative people in the side, he would have nicked us 4 more points than we have. On another site the stats of him in and not in the side are startling. Getting him fit and keeping him is vital!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
The difference recently has been Bent missing - I reckon if available and the defence looking a bit more sound, plus a few more creative people in the side, he would have nicked us 4 more points than we have. On another site the stats of him in and not in the side are startling. Getting him fit and keeping him is vital!

Sad to say, but he'll be gone at the end of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal