collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir Graham has his say  (Read 22789 times)

Offline Chris Harte

Sir Graham has his say
« on: April 20, 2012, 07:46:34 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17746583

Makes some sense, but perhaps he should have talked of the senior players only. Also, his comments about McClaren and fans on the internet don't really stack up seeing who Randy ended up bringing in.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Sir Graham has his say
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
I agree with everything he said. Alex doesn't have an easy job and the most surprising part of it all was the job offer itself. I'm glad he mentions Eck's inability to set up the team properly.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:11 AM »
same interview he gave to the express which was posted here. Apart from his comments regarding Steve McLaren, it's hard to argue with much else.

Offline villanic

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:16:13 AM »
I think GT was spot on in everything he said.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »
Agree with some of it.

Bit harsh making N'Zogbia a scapegoat. Whilst he hasn't had the best of seasons and it doesn't always come off for him, I think he usually tries to look to make things happen in an attacking sense, something the rest of the team does not.

Offline nigel

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:44:02 AM »
Agree with some of it.

Bit harsh making N'Zogbia a scapegoat. Whilst he hasn't had the best of seasons and it doesn't always come off for him, I think he usually tries to look to make things happen in an attacking sense, something the rest of the team does not.
I don't think he's making CN'Z scapegoat CBBB, I think he's saying that he was expected to come in and do what Ash was doing straight away, and, if we're all honest about it, he hasn't come anywhere near.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »
Agree with some of it.

I don't think he's making CN'Z scapegoat CBBB, I think he's saying that he was expected to come in and do what Ash was doing straight away, and, if we're all honest about it, he hasn't come anywhere near.

"Young and Downing are two attacking players who are very talented and you are going to miss them. Unfortunately, looking at the replacements, N'Zogbia has been almost a disaster, a major disappointment. He just hasn't produced at all."

He could say that about any player, but he singled out N'Zogbia, which, in my opinion, is a bit harsh.

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
I don't think anyone thought that CN'Z would replace Young (and Downing), but he's still been a dissappointment this season, as have most of the senior players.

Offline Tom Sawyer

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »
Again the same twaddle about him being ex Blues being the reason why we don't like him. Perhaps it's just us?

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 08:58:17 AM »
Nice to see somebody in the game still cares for us and is prepared to come out and say something quite constructive. Graham Taylor's empathy with the plight of our fans is quite apparent from those comments.

Offline philthebar

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »
Nothing startling here, pretty accurate summary.

Will always respect the guy and his opinions.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
No mention of the fact that McCleish is clearly not up to the task. Doesn't he pick the players? Doesn't he appoint the coaches to work with the team on the training ground? Does he not decide the team formation and tactics? Is he not responsible for putting the fire in the belly of the players?

Sorry Sir Graham, heard it all from a hundred other pundits already.

That said, would you be interested in a five match contract?

Offline MarkM

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
No mention of the fact that McCleish is clearly not up to the task. Doesn't he pick the players? Doesn't he appoint the coaches to work with the team on the training ground? Does he not decide the team formation and tactics? Is he not responsible for putting the fire in the belly of the players?

I agree,

Don't see Nowich, Swansea, Wigan etc... playing the dull uninspred boring awful football that we do.

We are just about the worse team to watch in the Premier League and thats not just due to a couple of players leaving its down to the manager, his style of play and his management skills [all of which are not good enough]

And I couldnt give a damn where he came from as long he did a good job, which he has failed to do

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »

I agree with that, he does seem to be largely excusing Mcleish. He is the root of the problem and some of the players have been shocking as well.

Offline nigel

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
Agree with some of it.

"Young and Downing are two attacking players who are very talented and you are going to miss them. Unfortunately, looking at the replacements, N'Zogbia has been almost a disaster, a major disappointment. He just hasn't produced at all."

He could say that about any player, but he singled out N'Zogbia, which, in my opinion, is a bit harsh.
I see your point

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal