collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Future of Heroes & Villains ?  (Read 8911 times)

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
Re: The Future of Heroes & Villains ?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
Not quite. An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words, such as WAC from Women's Army Corps, OPEC  from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.

I think perhaps it's actually Three Letter Abbreviation.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
Not quite. An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words, such as WAC from Women's Army Corps, OPEC  from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
Are you BE?
LOL ROFL PMP

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »
All this acronym stuff is just a smoke screen for the moderators to hide behind.

Next they will be telling us we should be lucky with what we have got with limited resources, and be grateful that we can even go and read Fanzines of Dreams even if we cannot expect to get close to them. 

Offline philthebar

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »
I joined this site just over two years ago, and since then its seems to have been all downhill.

So it's your fault then, and here I was blaming the management and players.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
I wish we were discussing a Villa Champion's League match thread tonight because that is where a great club like our's belongs.

Aston Villa have never played in the Champions League.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Leeds United, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers have all played in the Champions League.

:(

Oh dear. Were you born in the 90s by any chance?

Online nigel

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »
I wish we were discussing a Villa Champion's League match thread tonight because that is where a great club like our's belongs.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Leeds United, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers have all played in the Champions League.

Don't you think that the Champions league is just a watered down version of the European Cup though?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
He's a b-loser. 'Nuff said.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »

Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Leeds United, Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers have all played in the Champions League

Can't argue with that

Although Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool and Man City would never have qualified for the Champions League if the qualification criteria had been as tough as when we won thre European Cup .

And I'm pretty sure that the 2 times Man United won the Champs league, they didn't qualify as Champions.

Anyway, who gives a shit

Offline bill

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 01:10:19 PM »

Same competition. Simply far easier to qualify for now.Our achievement was better.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
I joined this site just over two years ago, and since then its seems to have been all downhill.
Have you considered leaving?

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »

OMG - I never knew that until now.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »
We have played in it, it just wasn't called that then.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »
You had to be champions to play in the European Cup so it was much more exclusive and to beat Bayern in the final,who then were the best club side in Europe was brilliant.A far better and more satisfying cup to win.I hope that doesn't reek of jealously to much!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:34:56 PM by danlanza »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
You had to be champions to play in the European Cup so it was much more exclusive and to beat Bayern in the final,who then were the best club side in Europe was brilliant.A far better and more satisfying cup to win.I hope that doesn't reek of jealously to much!

Without wanting to belittle our achievement I'm not sure Bayern were the best team in Europe at that time. They hadn't won the European Cup for 6 years when we beat them and they didn't win it again for almost 20 years after.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »

Without wanting to belittle our achievement I'm not sure Bayern were the best team in Europe at that time. They hadn't won the European Cup for 6 years when we beat them and they didn't win it again for almost 20 years after.

Turns out that they weren't the best.  We were. 
They came second! 
Hurray!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal