collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The future of Paul Faulkner?  (Read 9123 times)

Offline cdward

Re: The future of Paul Faulkner?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »
What colour hair you have is determined by the type of melanin you have, there are two types: eumelanin, which is dark brown or black, and pheomelanin, which is reddish yellow.

Red hair ranges from light strawberry blond shades to titian, Copper, and less commonly "true" red.
Red hair has the highest amounts of pheomelanin, around 67%, and usually low levels of eumelanin. At 1-2% of the population, it is the least common hair colour in the world. It is most prominently found in Scotland and Ireland. Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13 percent of the population has red hair and approximately 40 percent carries the recessive redhead gene.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:40 AM »
Faulkner is Lerner’s “place man”, as Ian Ayre is to JW Henry at Liverpool. He is there to mind the shop.

The problem is that because he owes his job to lerner and would not be employed in a similar role elsewhere he will tell Lerner what he thinks that Lerner wants to hear. He is no independent voice.

The Board is “football lite”, there are no wise heads. There is no-one who can make an informed judgement on team performance, or transfer activity, in or out. I do not understand why Lerner does not appoint one or two non-exec Directors to offer that specific expertise.

Stoke City may not be everyone’s taste in football style. But their metamorphosis  into a credible Pl outfit is a remarkable achievement and has been a collegiate effort with Pullis, Gerry Francis, Peter Reid and John Rudge all at various stages involved . That breadth of experience is missing at Villa Park. Now I don’t want to get bogged down with specific names, but having the likes of Graham Taylor, Houllier in a non-exec Board role to ask the right questions seems sensible to me.

My guess at the moment is that Lerner does not want to hear siren voices. I think that Mcleish has been charged with reducing the wage bill and keeping us in the PL - and that is it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 01:39:50 AM »
Faulkner is Lerner’s “place man”, as Ian Ayre is to JW Henry at Liverpool. He is there to mind the shop.

The problem is that because he owes his job to lerner and would not be employed in a similar role elsewhere he will tell Lerner what he thinks that Lerner wants to hear. He is no independent voice.

The Board is “football lite”, there are no wise heads. There is no-one who can make an informed judgement on team performance, or transfer activity, in or out. I do not understand why Lerner does not appoint one or two non-exec Directors to offer that specific expertise.

Stoke City may not be everyone’s taste in football style. But their metamorphosis  into a credible Pl outfit is a remarkable achievement and has been a collegiate effort with Pullis, Gerry Francis, Peter Reid and John Rudge all at various stages involved . That breadth of experience is missing at Villa Park. Now I don’t want to get bogged down with specific names, but having the likes of Graham Taylor, Houllier in a non-exec Board role to ask the right questions seems sensible to me.

My guess at the moment is that Lerner does not want to hear siren voices. I think that Mcleish has been charged with reducing the wage bill and keeping us in the PL - and that is it.

Remember reading an article earlier in the season saying that Lerner should have sought advice from Steve Stride or Graham Taylor when he took over and should have found a role for that type of figure at the club.  Not sure that would have been too popular with Mr. O'Neill though!!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 07:02:03 AM »
I can't believe this thread hasn't been locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal