collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:40:03 PM]

NSWE Investment by SamTheMouse
[Today at 09:39:51 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 09:39:47 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Bad English
[Today at 09:26:04 PM]

FFP by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:25:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Mister E
[Today at 09:24:07 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:17:46 PM]

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:16:27 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:40:03 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by SamTheMouse
[Today at 09:39:51 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Bad English
[Today at 09:39:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 09:38:38 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:38:01 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 09:37:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:37:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:37:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: the managers table  (Read 8450 times)

Offline midnite

• GM : 30.03.2016
Re: the managers table
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »
Maybe best to just not comment on our manager in here then, as there are a multitude of other threads to do that!

Pardew would actually be my pick for top of that table.  Lambert has done very well, but he's managed to navigate a very average mid table group, where as Pardew has gotten past that group and is mixing it wit the big spenders.
+1

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »
Yes I have to say that Pardew would be my pick for manager of the year.  He couldn't have put together a more lethal strike partnership for the money he's spent.  Brilliant transfer business.
He's also trying to get the brilliant Vertonghen

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew travelled to the Netherlands over the weekend to watch in-demand Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen.  The Belgium international, 24, has also been linked with Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City.

Daily Telegraph 

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »
I'd say that Lambert just edges Pardew and Rogers as two years ago Norwich were in League one.To get them mid table in the Premier with the players at his disposal is a magnificent achievement.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »
I agree with your top six, but not in that order.
Pardew would top it for me, followed by Rodgers, then Fergie, Mancini, Wenger and Lambert.
Fergie and Mancini would swap places if City catch United, which I still wouldn't rule out.

Rodgers deserves to be ahead of Lambert because of the quality of Swansea's football.
Wenger deserves to be up there because he stuck to his beliefs and style despite all the shit that was being thrown at him from all angles.
Fergie and Mancini – I know they have the best players to work with, and a lot of them, but I doubt any of the other Prem managers would be able to do their jobs. Maybe only Redknapp.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
I would not have Mancini anywhere near the top 6, should have done better with the talent at his disposal. Pardrew, Lambert and  Rodgers would be my top 3.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
I agree with your top six, but not in that order.
Pardew would top it for me, followed by Rodgers, then Fergie, Mancini, Wenger and Lambert.
Fergie and Mancini would swap places if City catch United, which I still wouldn't rule out.

Rodgers deserves to be ahead of Lambert because of the quality of Swansea's football.
Wenger deserves to be up there because he stuck to his beliefs and style despite all the shit that was being thrown at him from all angles.
Fergie and Mancini – I know they have the best players to work with, and a lot of them, but I doubt any of the other Prem managers would be able to do their jobs. Maybe only Redknapp.

To me it's results first and style second, hence why Lambert is ahead of Rodgers.

Offline WarleyWonder

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
Does this really need an entire new thread?

Yes it does as many fans on here are just a tad fed up if you hadn't noticed.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 01:22:16 PM »

No! I hadn't noticed.

There are approximately 733 threads and counting full of whingeing, can't you just post the same thing over and over and over again in one of them?

Offline se16

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »
Pardew gets my vote for manager of the season but as we all know it only seems to go to the manager of the team that finishes top!

Offline WarleyWonder

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »

No! I hadn't noticed.

There are approximately 733 threads and counting full of whingeing, can't you just post the same thing over and over and over again in one of them?

Have we hit a nerve again........................ do we have an AM fan club member here?

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 01:28:49 PM »

No! I hadn't noticed.

How is this a thread of whingeing? In my opinion it's been one of the better threads on here in recent weeks.It asks a question which any football fan, regardless of their club could have a discussion about.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:12 PM »

No! I hadn't noticed.

Have we hit a nerve again........................ do we have an AM fan club member here?

So being fucked off about the profligacy of similar threads and millions of posts all saying exactly the same thing means you like the manager?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »

No! I hadn't noticed.

So being fucked off about the profligacy of similar threads and millions of posts all saying exactly the same thing means you like the manager?

This is a perfectly interesting thread in its own right, and hardly mentions our manager at all.  Other than you and the other Dave somehow deciding that it's another anti-McLeish thread, which it clearly isn't.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 06:54:09 PM »
I think if Man City win the league then Mancini should keep his spot, Also between Rodgers and Pardew it should be neck and neck, or goal difference. And as for Wenger in third, to me he's just a richer David Moyes, in as much he doesn't spend as much as the teams around him but still does it

Offline Tom Sawyer

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
I'd put McPorkSword up top at No1 obviously as he is Aston Villa's manager and was personally chosen by both Randy and Pauly... Oh...sorry... I'm holding the chart upside down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal