collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our referees are the best in the world  (Read 10137 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: Our referees are the best in the world
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »
Three things:

- I accept human errors by refs if they are truely even handed but in reality the big decisions go to the big team. Graham Poll reckoned this was because the big teams get to the finals and if the ref p!sses off a big club manager they are unlikely to be selected for a cup final they appear in.

- I can accept if the ref didn't see something he can't give it but its unforgiveable for the ref to make something up eg the chelsea second goal. Basically he guessed.

- the rules of football allow contact but not a defender deliberately tripping someone. Clearly not a pen for Man U on sunday and yet the 'experts' in the studio talked about contact. If nothing else comes out of this sky must make sure their pundits know the basic rules of football.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 08:00:22 AM »
phil dowd has got the cup final  ;D

not that I'll be watching

Phil Dowd is a ******.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »

- I can accept if the ref didn't see something he can't give it but its unforgiveable for the ref to make something up eg the chelsea second goal. Basically he guessed.

But isn't that what refs do in a lot of decisions? There's no way. for instance, that a ref can categorically know that a handball in the box when the ball is hit at a defender from five yards is definitely deliberate, so he has to guess. Or when a player goes flying, was he tripped or did he dive, it's a guess.
 Same with the Chelsea goal, he had a couple of seconds to decide and he must have thought something along the lines of "Tottenham player way behind the line, I reckon that was over" so he gave the goal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal