collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Man U love fest  (Read 13916 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Sky Man U love fest
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 06:03:42 PM »
Can't we just ignore them or if you must DISCUSS them do it where it should be OFF TOPIC

Couldn't you ignore the thread?

Offline adamski villa

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
Never mind Sky, what about the ref? The worst bit for me was when Clark went down with an obvious head injury and he let play continue as Man u were attacking. The second we got the ball back he stopped the game.

THIS!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I was fuming!  Had it happened to a UTD player Halsey would have stopped the game instantly.  I loved the way Evra ran for a full 10/20yards before falling to the ground holding his shoulder.  Even then their stupid players carried on.

100% this, had me screaming at the dog, kickin the cat etc

Offline Percy Flage

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
If it's any help, Swedish tv ran a short compilation of Young's worst cheats at half time.

Didn't think so

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »
If it's any help, Swedish tv ran a short compilation of Young's worst cheats at half time.

Didn't think so

did they have enough time thats worth a bloody boxset

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »
Got rid of Sky and stopped reading the Times about 5 years ago and was delighted when they withdrew from Freeview last year.  I don't miss it in the slightest.

Murdoch and his evil empire are ******.  He came to Britain back in the 70's/80's vowing to fight the establishment a sort of media mogul for the common man.  Well now he is the establishment and he doesn't like it when we all start observing that he and his pernicious organisation are a bunch of ******.

Fuck Murdoch, Fuck Sky and Fuck News International.

Offline danlanza

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »
Never had Sky,never will.If i want to watch the Villa now i live in Lanzarote i go to the local bar,drink a few pints,for pain killing purposes only of course,then after the game drink loads more cause the pain is unbearable,follow that with a few shots of Jaigermeister so i am completely out of my face,try and explain to the missus how we used to play great football,that we won the European Cup years ago and that McLeish is an absolute dire twat.Then i get the same look of sympathy,every week,followed by the same statement "Villa will be fine my darling,McLeish will be gone soon,dont worry".I then go home,smoke a joint just to finish myself of properly,go to bed where i have these weird dreams of McLeish deep throating every other Premiership manager whilst taking a length from Ferguson!I then wake up to find that this was no dream,he actually had been deep throating every.....................................................Cock sucking spineless twat!Bollocks to that little twat Ashley Young aswell.Cheating fucker!Bollocks to Sky and Bollocks to Manyoooo to!

Offline seanthevillan

• pick our team
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »
The reason is money. Newton Heath attract viewers, that attracts advertisers, that makes money. Hence the recruitment of Neville, it's hardly down to his insightfull analysis of the game is it. We and many other clubs only exist as opposition, cannon fodder.

As much as I disliked him as a player I think Neville is by far the best pundit around and not at all scared of having a go at his ex team mates.

Although he did just claim diving was one of the effects of globalisation, and that you can't punish cheating like Ashley's cause you'd have to punish all dives (highlighting a Rosicky dive which didn't lead to a penalty or a goal).

Whilst I slightly see his point regarding retrospective punishment some obvious cheating, and I'm not talking just about Young here, is undeniably clear and should be punished.

I live in Germany and you wouldn't believe what some players get away with here - the problem is they're better at it and any small contact is exploited to get a free-kick. For me thats cheating as well, but isn't so clear cut.

Nonetheless something can and should be done - for me its more important than goalline technology.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
Although he did just claim diving was one of the effects of globalisation, and that you can't punish cheating like Ashley's cause you'd have to punish all dives (highlighting a Rosicky dive which didn't lead to a penalty or a goal).

Whilst I slightly see his point regarding retrospective punishment some obvious cheating, and I'm not talking just about Young here, is undeniably clear and should be punished.

I live in Germany and you wouldn't believe what some players get away with here - the problem is they're better at it and any small contact is exploited to get a free-kick. For me thats cheating as well, but isn't so clear cut.

Nonetheless something can and should be done - for me its more important than goalline technology.

The trouble is where do you stop? Whenever the ball goes out of play players from both sides are always claiming it as their ball, even when they know it came off them. That is cheating as well and can lead to goals.

The same argument can be used for goal line technology. QPR did their nut over the goal not being allowed and all the reporters agreed with them and demanded technology and better refs, yet not one of them pointed out that if the ref had given the correct decision earlier it would not have been a corner in the first place. Would that have been covered by instant replay for the officials or just the goal chance? How far back do they take a replay if a goal is scored? For example, our player is fouled in the opponents half, they go up the other end on a fast break and three passes later the ball is just about bundled over the line and a goal is given. Will the replay official be able to go back to the initial foul and over rule it, or will he only be able to adjudge the ball went over the line?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:16 AM »
If I was a defender and I was up against Ashley Young ( or some other diving cheat - Drogba, for example) I'd actually go straight in and clatter them. You're going to concede a penalty anyway ( and possible get a red card like Shaun Derry did) so you may as well give yourself the satisfaction of breaking his leg while you're at it.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »
SKY are celebrating twenty years since football began with a poll to find 'best PL goal', 'best PL player' etc. Dalian's goal at Wimbledon hasn't made the shortlist but I think a Cantona penalty has. Amazingly Paul McGrath has managed to scrape onto the best defender shortlist alongside greats like Bruce, Stam, Ferdinand and Vidic. I did hear a rumour though that this was only after Mal Donaghy was disqualified when it was pointed out he was a at United a couple of years before the PL when clubs played in an amateur competition known as Division One.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal