collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Man U love fest  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Sky Man U love fest
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
I know its nothing new but yestedray got my blood boiling - when the diving girl Young fell over they were discussing his "tactics" of over the top theatrics

The one of the commentators said - "who knows he probably learned that from Villa"

They were good and we were bad but we did not need them getting a helping hand from that twat Halsey

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Sky Man U love fest
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »
You could tell that the commentator was desperate for them to win. You'd think they'd want them to lose so Man City could make the title race exciting, but for some reason they do love Manure.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »
I know its nothing new but yestedray got my blood boiling - when the diving girl Young fell over they were discussing his "tactics" of over the top theatrics

The one of the commentators said - "who knows he probably learned that from Villa"

They were good and we were bad but we did not need them getting a helping hand from that twat Halsey

I heard this too, and it was not just that little snippet either, "Gardner recieves the ball for them..." FOR THEM ffs !

UTV
The Doc

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:12 AM »
You could tell that the commentator was desperate for them to win. You'd think they'd want them to lose so Man City could make the title race exciting, but for some reason they do love Manure.

The reason is money. Newton Heath attract viewers, that attracts advertisers, that makes money. Hence the recruitment of Neville, it's hardly down to his insightfull analysis of the game is it. We and many other clubs only exist as opposition, cannon fodder.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »
On SSN this morning it said "Comfortable Victory" in the menu bar at the bottom

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:02:59 AM »
On SSN this morning it said "Comfortable Victory" in the menu bar at the bottom

No mention of "filthy cheating" then?

Online Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:33 AM »
Unfortunately we are part of the problem, whilst most of us subscribe to Sky we feed the beast that is slowly killing the National Sport. It is a corrupt state of affairs where money and power will support the 'top clubs' in the Premier League to the detriment of real competition and equality of opportunity.

I hate the Premier League but love my club- I would hope that all those outside the top 6 would one day have the balls to seperate and form an alternative league where TV is not involved, competition and success is based on match form not on finance held and that supporters claim back the game as theirs.

I know, taxi to cloud cuckoo land for me.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
Never mind Sky, what about the ref? The worst bit for me was when Clark went down with an obvious head injury and he let play continue as Man u were attacking. The second we got the ball back he stopped the game.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
Never mind Sky, what about the ref? The worst bit for me was when Clark went down with an obvious head injury and he let play continue as Man u were attacking. The second we got the ball back he stopped the game.

THIS!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I was fuming!  Had it happened to a UTD player Halsey would have stopped the game instantly.  I loved the way Evra ran for a full 10/20yards before falling to the ground holding his shoulder.  Even then their stupid players carried on.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »

Yes.  But you know what, why wasn't any of our players in his face telling him as much.  They just quietly accepted it.

Offline Reuben

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:34 AM »
Plus when the ref did a 'drop ball' after this incident the commentator went on and on about Villa should give the ball back even though we had possession when the ref blew minutes before.

When we cocked up possession within seconds.  'Oh well they get it back now anyway' he chuckled.

Agree on all the other above points which I also noticed.  The way we were
written off from the beginning was depressing, although perhaps understandable annoyingly.

Was also disappointed at Yorke's seeming preference towards United. 

However, in the build up to the game you can see the commentary on United games past have always had the 'YESSS!' when they score, and with a hint of relief at that Steve Bruce 97th minute goal.

Offline Summers

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »
It was disgusting. Here them blame us for Young's diving is disrespectful and the club should make a complaint. Absolutely ridiculous commentary.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
It was disgusting. Here them blame us for Young's diving is disrespectful and the club should make a complaint. Absolutely ridiculous commentary.

Im sure its written in their contracts that they are NOT allowed to say anything bad about manure otherwise they will be dismissed for gross misconduct.  wankers!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »
At least I can hate another Manure player now . ash Young , stand up !!   oooppps  maybe not , hes just dived again .

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO FUCKING SKY!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal