collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Ultimate Choice  (Read 27615 times)

Offline Hoppo

Re: The Ultimate Choice
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49:17 AM »
Those comments were on a par with Houlliers sickening Anfield love fest and for that reason alone he needs to be fucked off.

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 08:54:26 AM »
The problem will only be solved by lerner going as he is totally clueless - new broome with lerner faulkner and mcleish out- lets hope theres a buyer !

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »
As has often been said before, we at least thought with McLeish we would have a defensively sound set up.  How wrong were we?

What I also thought we'd get with him is a spirit for fighting till the last kick, how wrong was I?

But what I didn't really expect is this grovelling up to the opposition that we've witnessed in his after match interviews, "different agendas" on more than one occasion and "theater of dreams".   God knows what goes on in his pre match motivational speeches, does he even give them?  Earlier in the year we had all that arse licking you tube clip of our lot overly pally with Man City players prior to the game at their place where we were stuffed, and again yesterday, we had smiles for Young and Rooney, this, again after the same treatment.  What is he doing about this, would the ManU players be doing the same had we beaten them?  Not a chance.

Who the fuck in the club cares about our predicament, not the manager or the players it appears.  We need someone to galvanize a mentality to at least try and make us winners, something to show the fans that the players and manager care. Not this 'we're here to make up the numbers' attitude that affects us at present.  We're Aston Villa for Christ sake.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »
Worst thing that could happen to us!

You think we are on a budget now... With championship money think randy would throw a "yard" sale at the back of the holte end selling everything from players to 20,000 plastic seats that won't be used!

Didn't do Newcastle any harm. They're pushing for a Champions League spot within two seasons of us relegating them. McLeish has been a disaster of Billy McNeill proportions and look what happened within a couple of seasons of him taking us down too. I'm with you Brian, get down and get rid.

They also have an interested and Football / Business Savvy chairman...

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Not for me.

It's one thing hoping to do a Newcastle and come straight back, but what if we do a Forest?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
The lure of competing in a proper league is actually quite appealing

That's how I feel too. Trouble is, the way we are being run down at the moment, we'd only get out of the championship by getting relegated to league 1 ( is that what the 3rd division is called nowadays).

Mind you, I could live without having to watch JT, Lamps, Stevie Gee, Wazza, Drogba, Ashley fucking Young et al lord mayoring it over us.

Just for 1 season, mind

Maybe it's a generational thing but I think the premier league fucking stinks

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 09:58:30 AM »
Sheff Wed and leeds are a lifetime ago, especially Wednesday,
if we went down we would not be down for long

the key to the whole thing of coarse is who we have as the next manager whether in the prem or championship, get the appointment right and everything can be turned around quickly no matter where we are.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
Relegation is not an option, as far as I'm concerned.

That said, Big Feck needs to go at the end of the season. Four home wins and no confidence we'll win another (from me at least) is reason enough.

He'll still be here next August though. :(

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
I want to see us stay in the top division not relegation that would be unthinkable.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 10:27:40 AM »
We won't go down and mcleish won't be sacked. If we do go down I don't think he'll be sacked either.
I don't think he can take us forward long term, but in the eyes of randy, keeping us up will probably earn him another season. It has been a shocker of a season and I realize we still are not safe yet, but mcleish has got a contract and I don't think randy has either the money or the inclination to do anything about it at present.

As to all the posters saying randy should do one and sell up, it's a fair call, why stick around when you clearly don't give a fuck? The thing is who would look at us at the moment and in the current financial climate and think we would be a good investment prospect? Honestly, what seriously wealthy businessperson or consortium would want to throw their money down the b6 plug hole? Which leaves the dodgy fuckers like knighton, ransome Richardson and all the other charlatans who have got the chat but not the money.

Realistically the best we can hope for is we stay up, try and rebuild a bit in the summer and then fuck mcleish off at the end of his contract and hopefully get someone with more of a clue in next.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »
Worst thing that could happen to us!

You think we are on a budget now... With championship money think randy would throw a "yard" sale at the back of the holte end selling everything from players to 20,000 plastic seats that won't be used!

Didn't do Newcastle any harm. They're pushing for a Champions League spot within two seasons of us relegating them. McLeish has been a disaster of Billy McNeill proportions and look what happened within a couple of seasons of him taking us down too. I'm with you Brian, get down and get rid.

Mike Ashley's a twat, but he is also a successful businessman and unlike Lerner, has seemingly learnt from his mistakes. 

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
It would cost , what about £2 million to get rid of him .

Relegation would cost us 20 times more than that , maybe.

SACK HIM NOW!!!!!!

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »
Those comments were on a par with Houlliers sickening Anfield love fest and for that reason alone he needs to be fucked off.

I can kind of understand Houliers love for 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' and it was cringe worthy but AMC with Manure is not acceptable.

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
As has often been said before, we at least thought with McLeish we would have a defensively sound set up.  How wrong were we?

What I also thought we'd get with him is a spirit for fighting till the last kick, how wrong was I?

My thoughts exactly.  I wasnt happy when he became boss but I was expecting a few hard fought 1-0's at least . A bit of passion and spirt and better in defence. 

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »
Sheff Wed and leeds are a lifetime ago, especially Wednesday,
if we went down we would not be down for long

the key to the whole thing of coarse is who we have as the next manager whether in the prem or championship, get the appointment right and everything can be turned around quickly no matter where we are.

What if we get the appointment wrong?   Villa have been a top flight club for over a century - relegation is simply not acceptable under any circumstances.  As it is, when I look at our history and see the spells of the second and third tier football in our record books I shudder; the top flight is the only place for Villa. 

If, at times, we find ourselves in situations where we feel we are going to be struggling to compete at the highest level, it is not the whole club that should be taking a step down but the custodian.  It's Randy who should hold his hands up and recognize he hasn't the resources to compete and it's Randy who should be looking to step down  for the good of the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal