collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by waynejames
[Today at 09:40:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:36:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:36:26 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:35:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 09:34:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:33:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by waynejames
[Today at 09:33:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Ultimate Choice  (Read 27714 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
The Ultimate Choice
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:41:57 AM »
Having thought overnight about the situation we are in and McLeish's supine grovelling about coming to the Theatre of Dreams with his young lions, I have decided that I will take relegation if that is what it needs to rid us of this manager.   The Championship without him is preferable to Premiership survival with another season of enduring everything he inflicts on us.   We have to rid Villa Park of him, and everything he represents before we can go anywhere ever again.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: The Ultimate Choice
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:51:12 AM »
Not for me Brian.

You're assuming that relegation would mean the end for him and i'm not sure that would be the case.

I want Lerner to come to his senses and jettison this absolute nightmare of a man, then make a fresh start for next season.

Offline NiiLamptey

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 07:56:24 AM »
Worst thing that could happen to us!

You think we are on a budget now... With championship money think randy would throw a "yard" sale at the back of the holte end selling everything from players to 20,000 plastic seats that won't be used!

Resulting in us with a totally asset stripped club with kids making up the team struggling to make play offs....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:57:57 AM by NiiLamptey »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
I think we need to do everything possible to avoid relegation - absolute disaster that would be.

Perversly, I think AML is more adept to get a Championship team promoted than he is to then keep one in the Permier League.

Offline Summers

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
Well if we survive this year and keep McLeish we'll go down next year.

May as well bite the bullet this year, get him out and rebuild.

If I could pick between going down this season - or having another season like this one and going down then - I'd pick this one.

Obviously I'd much rather we stay up and Eck get's fucked uff.

Offline russon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:14:55 AM »
Worst thing that could happen to us!

You think we are on a budget now... With championship money think randy would throw a "yard" sale at the back of the holte end selling everything from players to 20,000 plastic seats that won't be used!

Didn't do Newcastle any harm. They're pushing for a Champions League spot within two seasons of us relegating them. McLeish has been a disaster of Billy McNeill proportions and look what happened within a couple of seasons of him taking us down too. I'm with you Brian, get down and get rid.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
Not for me. No guarantee we'd do a Newcastle. There are Sheffield Wednesdays and Leeds we should also consider.

Offline Mouse Potato

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:21:37 AM »
Well if we survive this year and keep McLeish we'll go down next year.

May as well bite the bullet this year, get him out and rebuild.

If I could pick between going down this season - or having another season like this one and going down then - I'd pick this one.

Obviously I'd much rather we stay up and Eck get's fucked uff.

I agree totally with Summers.  If we don't go down this year then we almost certainly will next, after another season of mind-numbingly depressing football.  So, if relegation now gets its all done a year sooner then I'd go for that (as long as it gets rid of AM).

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »
The lure of competing in a proper league is actually quite appealing. If we went down, whoever would be in charge, I imagine the team would be predominantly made up by our academy graduates - a chance to see if they really can make the grade. it would also give the owner and the manager the chance to overhaul the squad and cut out the overpaid under performers.

I wouldn't choose it, but there would be benefits to going down in my opinion.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:02 AM »
I said exactly this yesterday in the aftermath of getting embarrased by a team beaten by wigan midweek. But in hindsight and having calmed down to my now usual levels of apathy, I would rather carry on limping through to 13th place every year with the occasional good result. Also, I dont want my girlfriend see me cry like a bitch on the last day of the season....

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 08:27:52 AM »
I think we need to do everything possible to avoid relegation - absolute disaster that would be.

Perversly, I think AML is more adept to get a Championship team promoted than he is to then keep one in the Permier League.

Yo-da! is a villa fan Yo-da! is a villa....

Offline Mouse Potato

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »

Yo-da! is a villa fan Yo-da! is a villa....

Made me smile!

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
At 2mill a year the Ginger one would not be manager of Villa in the Championship.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
Not for me Brian.

You're assuming that relegation would mean the end for him and i'm not sure that would be the case.

I want Lerner to come to his senses and jettison this absolute nightmare of a man, then make a fresh start for next season.

This is how I feel. Its like the mind of our once all caring and generous Randy has been infected by the spirits of the Kumar Bros. He needs to come to his senses and NOW.
I have avoided saying this all season, but I honestly believe that were he to be given the bullet today and KMac put in charge, it would give the team enough lift to get the three points we need for safety and then we can consider our position.
It genuinely makes me feel upset to think of him at the helm come next season.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »
I don't think it helps when you have a board that doesn't seem to know it's arse from it's elbow and piss takers like Ferguson who bang on about what a great job McCleish is doing. I don't know how he kept a straight face coming out with rubbish like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal