collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who is more clueless - Randy or McLeish?  (Read 9474 times)

Offline Rob92

Re: Who is more clueless - Randy or McLeish?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »
Lerner.

McLeish is an utter shambles of a manager, but with budget cuts, the best players being sold and a reliance on the young lads who simply aren't ready for Premier League football, it would be a tough job for any manager.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
The Cleveland Browns record should have been a massive sign post about Randy.  I think his lack of competence was disguised for several years by MON being landed in his lap from day 1 and running the club for him, ostensibly reasonably well but quietly and steadily leading it into dangerous financial waters.  And some other little distractions like his nods to the club's heritage, the refurb of the Holte Hotel,  the tattoo, the talk of IMG and what they could do for us, the Nike deal, and the fans direct line to the powers that be via the general - as long as your query was restricted to the quality of the pies and other such mindless inanities.  I admit to admiring him for most of this, but it all turns out to have been lipstick on a pig, and I'm afraid RL now comes across for all the world as the idiot child of a billionaire, with way more money than sense.  He's more clueless even than McLeish, because at least the the ginger minger will come out of this financially better off.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 11:30:06 PM »
At the end of the day, McLeish is a talentless, moronic little shit that has dragged Aston Villa into the dark ages with his pathetic tactics and coaching techniques. But it was Lerner who looked at what he did at Small Heath and thought "Yep, this is the man for the Villa."

So it has to be Lerner.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »
Actually yes N'Zimidy.  It's difficult to imagine normally functioning sentient, intelligent  beings looking at McLeish's appalling PL record, and some equally unimpressive lowlights in Scotland,  and coming up with the conclusion that it would be a good idea to make him manager of Aston Villa.  It really was the most bizarre, inexplicable appointment.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
I dunno kt.

His CV isn't completely without merit.

*Various titles and cups with Rangers
*CL Experience
*International experience with Scotland
*Winning a trophy for a joke outfit like B-lose

You can skim read that and think, yes, that does actually tick the boxes for managing a club like ours. Rangers are in a shit league, but there is pressure with a job that big.  And he did as well as O'Neill up there.

That's the difference I suppose between knowing the game and not knowing it/ relying on agencies and other third parties to fill in the gaps.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 12:15:17 AM »

It's going to take three or four years to get back to mid-table at the very earliest, and that's if the rot is stopped now. If he hesitates, I have a feeling it'll take us a decade or more to be competitive again and it'll be under a different owner to boot.

Three or four years to turn 4 of our 14 draws (8 more points onto our current tally) into wins because that is all that's stopping us being mid table right now.  If its going to take either our current manager or a new one three or four years to achieve that then we might as well give up now.  If thats the level of progress you expect in any business over that length of time then I wouldnt want to be a shareholder in any business you own or run!  Just look at the progress Norwich City and Southampton have achieved in three or four years.  Three or four years is a very long time in football just ask Man City!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
Randy has never been one to court the media (and has invested a great deal of money into the club). McLeish on the other hand has been involved in football all of his career and still serves up this clueless dross. So it's McLeish for me. He should go and go now.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 12:41:41 AM »
Randy has never been one to court the media (and has invested a great deal of money into the club). McLeish on the other hand has been involved in football all of his career and still serves up this clueless dross. So it's McLeish for me. He should go and go now.
who appointed him?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 03:49:58 AM »
Randy for me. The way he has singlehandedly and almost purposefully downgraded the ambition and stature of the club is completely unforgiveable.As someone said on here a Villa hater could not have done a better job of destroying us.
Custodian of the club My arse

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Lerner.

All very well saying 'he's done a lot' but you have to keep on doing it, You can't just toss it aside after 4 or 5 seasons.
What was the point in the original investment if you're then going to piss it up the wall?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »
AMc is clueless and Lerner was clueless appointing him .   

This.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
How much does AVFC owe RAL? I know the club pays millions of interest each year to RAL on the loans but what is the total amount does anyone know? With the appointment of McLeish, I really fear there is a chance of him pulling the plug on the club similar to the Pompey ex chairman.

The deference to 'the general' and Lerner shown by many supporters on here was vomit inducing. It's always better to question and criticise where appropriate. Those that showed up to protest against McLeish being appointed don't seem so small time now. Small time is the way we rolled over for fairly average champions elect yesterday.

McLeish is a hopeless manager but replacing him while necessary doesn't solve the huge problem at board level. The appointment of a proper chief executive is far more important than a change of manager in the summer.

Offline Zhong Yi

• Let's All Have A Disco....la la la la
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »
I think what would be appropriate during EURO 2012 would for AVTV to produce a fantasy football show

McLeish and Lerner: Unplanned

Offline VillaBobby

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »
How much has Lerner put into Aston Villa and how much of the investment is now toxic debt?

I read all the time about Lerners investment but ask why are we in debt for about £90 m then?

Where is the General when we need him?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 05:32:06 PM »
who appointed him?

You're right, a more horrific, short sighted appointment would have been almost impossible. At least Randy has some Karma credits in the bank to draw on (which he has  I hasten to add all but used up). McLeish  however with his anti-football, negative, draw at all costs, can't defend a set piece (although he was a defender) mentality has now more than used up his.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal